Talk

Advanced search

london travel times-national theatre

(5 Posts)
miggy Tue 23-Mar-04 12:30:40

Could any of you london sophisticates help a poor country dweller? How long roughly would it take to get by taxi from london bridge station to national theatre? Would it be quicker from Victoria?
Theres a real need for a website to tell you this (well obv not this specifically but general london journey times) perhaps there is one but I cant find it.

janinlondon Tue 23-Mar-04 12:42:37

I could drive it in about 12-15 minutes, but luckily (for you!) I will not be your taxi driver! It is closer to London Bridge than Victoria. Allow 30 mins, depending on time of day.

CountessDracula Tue 23-Mar-04 12:43:30

Can you go to waterloo? It's only a 5 minute walk from there.

jmg Tue 23-Mar-04 12:50:06

Take the train from London Bridge (LB) to Waterloo East (WE), all Charing Cross services from LB stop at Waterloo East. Alternatively you can take the Jubilee line from LB to WE (but this takes quite a bit longer due to the walk down to the underground). Walk through Waterloo station following exit signs for the South Bank and you are there.

Otherwise it is about a £5-6 taxi fare from London Bridge and will take about 10mins (possibly less depending on traffic.

Victoria station is much further away (probably a £10-15 taxi fare).

miggy Tue 23-Mar-04 13:44:28

Thank you all. Will be with ds1 and 2 so taxi sounds best option. Shame we wont experience your driving janinlondon-sounds exciting!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: