Talk

Advanced search

Bastille to Eiffel Tower - best route and how long to allow?

(5 Posts)
toolatetobed Fri 04-Apr-14 13:53:02

We are going to be staying near Bastille metro station and we have booked tickets for the Eiffel Tower for a set time, so I want to make sure we arrive in good time but without being there absurdly early. Can anyone advise on best route (by public transport) and how long the journey is likely to take? Many thanks.

PeachyParisian Fri 04-Apr-14 22:48:57

If you're not in a rush, the walk along the river is lovely and should take less than 40 minutes at a strolling pace.
Try www.ratp.fr for journey planning but I think the fastest way is probably taking line 1 to Concorde and changing onto line 8 to ecole-militaire and walking through the champ de mars to get to the Eiffel Tower. Should take an absolute maximum of 30 mins. It depends on the time of day and frequency of metros etc.

toolatetobed Sat 05-Apr-14 11:52:56

Thank you. If we can walk there comfortably in 40 minutes, that sounds like a good option.

howtodecide Sat 05-Apr-14 13:39:54

or take the boat, we've done that and you get a fab view of the eiffel tower as you get closer.... www.batobus.com/english/index.htm it leaves from the jardin des plantes which is near Bastille. We've done it and it was great!

toolatetobed Sat 05-Apr-14 17:29:59

Thank you. I'd wondered about taking a trip on the Batobus - link to website is really helpful. It says that a one day pass booked in advance is 16 euros for adults or 7 for children. Do you think that's worth getting, or better just to turn up and buy tickets on the spot?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now