Talk

Advanced search

Flying with twins

(16 Posts)
londonmoscowlisbon Wed 02-Apr-14 23:30:06

Hello All! I will be flying with BA from London to Moscow at the end of april with my twin baby girls (7months). Does anyone know if I can take their twin buggy (Bugaboo Donkey) all the way to the airplane or would I need to check it in? What about the car seats - checked in as well? Should I buy special bags to put them in? What about baby food, can I take small cartons of Hipp with me through the security, or is it best to take water/powder separately? Thank you for your help!

nancy75 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:35:00

You usually check car seats in at the same time as suitcases and can take pram all the way to the door of the plane.
You have to be careful with food and milk because you can't take liquids through customs. Which airport are you flying from? find out if they have a boots airside and give them a call to ask if they stock the things you will need. Boots will usually reserve things like baby milk for you to pick up in their airside stores.

nancy75 Wed 02-Apr-14 23:37:19

Are you flying on your own? if yes you might be able to request help at the end of the flight, you don't usually get the pram back until baggage reclaim and you will probably struggle to carry 2 babies

SoonToBeSix Wed 02-Apr-14 23:41:01

I don't think you are allowed to fly alone with two babies

AlpacaLypse Wed 02-Apr-14 23:50:43

? SoonToBeSix ?

AlpacaLypse Wed 02-Apr-14 23:52:51

I suppose you might not be able to have both babies on your lap. In fact I don't think I could have faced having both dtds on my lap all the way to Moscow when they were seven months!

I'd contact BA customer services and get some genuine horse's mouth information.

AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 03-Apr-14 07:06:08

You need to read this from BAs website:-

www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/family-travel/planning-your-trip

rachyconks Thu 03-Apr-14 07:38:42

One adult per infant is the rule. You won't be seated together either as only one infant is allowed per row. Car seats checked in at check in desk- buy bags to keep them clean if nothing else! Kiddicare had some cheap ones. You will be able to take the pram to the gate.

nancy75 Thu 03-Apr-14 08:14:47

Not sure about one infant per row, I sat behind a family with twin babies on a recent trip to Australia, they were all in the same row

Mandy21 Thu 03-Apr-14 13:48:53

I think its worth checking about the one baby one row - we had to do this when we flew with twins. It was a standard 747 (3 seats, aisle, then 3 seats) - maybe the planes for long haul to Australia are different. We could sit either side of the aisle (i.e. on the same row but either side of the aisle) but we weren't allowed to sit next to each other as there is only one baby air mask above each bank of 3 seats. Perhaps in more modern planes this won't be the case? Just check.

To answer your other questions, different airline but we were allowed to take the buggy right up to the departure gate, car seats checked in with luggage. We bubble wrapped them to protect them.

londonmoscowlisbon Thu 03-Apr-14 14:36:00

smile Thankfully, my mum is coming with us.

londonmoscowlisbon Thu 03-Apr-14 14:38:31

I have just called BA, they did book us two isle seats, they said they have one baby per row of seats policy.
Kiddicare is sold out of the car seat coverbags, and they were a steal at 2.99! sad Someone mentioned bubblewrap, that might be a good idea!

AmericasTorturedBrow Thu 03-Apr-14 14:40:07

re your buggy call the airline but the rules have changed a bit recently (I fly long haul a few times a year with my two) and while you could always take buggies right up to the place, most airlines now also bring the buggies to the plane door once it's landed so you can ut the babies straight into it and not wait til baggage collection - so don't rush off the plane as you want to give them time to get your buggy

AmericasTorturedBrow Thu 03-Apr-14 14:42:58

*plane not place

cwo1978 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:22:48

I'm curious how many baby products are you going to pack to take with you? Or are you going to wait till you get there? Guess it depends on how long you're going for. With the cost of luggage these days, and how much we have to take, it seems a real hassle. Agree?

londonmoscowlisbon Sat 05-Apr-14 18:15:02

cwo1978, I will buy everything there. I have done some research into where they sell things like pampers, hipp and weleda (that's what we use) in moscow.. They seem to have all of the above, a bit more expensive than in the uk though smile. Curiously, it seems to be very popular to use japanese nappies for babies, so I am looking forward to check them out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now