Talk

Advanced search

Is this a reasonable holiday price?

(15 Posts)
Falconi Sun 30-Mar-14 15:18:15

Self catering in Crete, group of 8 adults and 1 child (7Y) for seven nights.
Mid August.
It is for 2 bedrooms in a Villa with a swimming pool.
Supposedly all the adults are sharing the child's cost.
It is £435 per person. Flights / Accommodation and transfers in Greece included, but nothing else.

I am not a big traveller and never been to Greece.
Does it sound alright?

Ps. I haven't sourced the above.

jamaisjedors Sun 30-Mar-14 15:20:36

Sounds pretty cheap to me.

Rosa Sun 30-Mar-14 15:22:41

8 /9 in a 2 bedroomed villa sounds a bit of a squeeze to me......even with beds in the living room.....

Falconi Sun 30-Mar-14 15:26:24

OOOOOOps

Massive error blush
It is 6 adults and 1 child.
confused

Makes any difference on the value for money/price??

Less of a squeeze though grin

rachyconks Sun 30-Mar-14 15:43:33

Really good value for mid August I would say!

ginmakesitallok Sun 30-Mar-14 15:45:01

Sounds about right to me, we're paying just a bit more than that for 2 weeks sc in Crete in July.

sooperdooper Sun 30-Mar-14 15:46:05

Good price but I'm assuming that means that 2 adults aren't getting a bedroom and sleeping in the living room on sofa beds?

If I was the one sleeping in the living room I would want to pay less than the others tbh, and even for everyone else it could be awkward - what if the couple on sofa beds want to get an early night one night and everyone else doesn't, or what if everyone else wants to get up early and they're still trying to sleep?

I'd rather pay a little bit more and everyone gets a bedroom smile

yourlittlesecret Sun 30-Mar-14 15:53:20

It sound cheap to me but I wouldn't consider a villa without enough bedrooms. Who wants to sleep on a sofa bed and have to wait until everyone else has gone to bed before they can? I'd go for my own apartment to be honest. Too much sharing there smile.

givemeaclue Sun 30-Mar-14 15:56:22

Price is fine but the accommodation is unsuited to the size of your group. There 's unlikely to be sufficient bedding, chairs etc and you may be breaching the terms of the let

nkf Sun 30-Mar-14 16:01:48

Not enough bedrooms.

Falconi Sun 30-Mar-14 16:14:10

I haven't organised this, just going along really.

Any fuck up, not my fault and I am glad.

Just going on holiday together with this group (family) for the first and last time, just to get it done and out of the way.

Just told them to book and let me know (crazy yeah), and didn't want anything to do with decision making.

Not sure how the sharing will be worked out tbh.

Dh and I are the parents of the only child so apparently they are doing us a favour. Well, they insist we should come, I would rather do my own thing.
But will do it the way they want, this one time and that is it.

I am glad that the price seems ok.

How much spend money should I take for a couple and a child.
It is in Hernissons close to Koutouloufari and Piskopiano.

BackforGood Sun 30-Mar-14 16:16:02

Price is towards the budget end for that time of year. Your spends will go up when you start adding food and drink on to that, if you are planning to eat out - a lot of cheaper self catering accommodation has VERY basic kitchen facitilies... ie OK for making a coffee and a sandwich, r having cereal, but may not have an oven to put a pizza in even, let alone anything more ambitious. No probs if you are eating out, but then of course that puts the costs up.

specialsubject Sun 30-Mar-14 20:11:00

you might want to read up about Hersonissos to see if this is really the right holiday for you.

sooperdooper Sun 30-Mar-14 23:36:25

If you've got the child then bagsy one of the bedrooms now!

cantbelievemyeyes Mon 31-Mar-14 16:25:27

If it's outskirts of Hersonissos and on the way up the hill/ closer to Koutouloufari & Piskopiano, it should fine. Stayed in Piskopiano loads of times and love it there- completely different to Hersonissos.

Spends wise for 2 adults, we take around £500-600 between us for a week and we go self catering. Breakfast is usually just bread or pastries from bakery, eat out for lunch half the week and in the room the rest of the week. Dinner and wine, and a couple of cocktails each every night. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now