Talk

Advanced search

Urgent children's emergency travel docs

(4 Posts)
mellymell Sat 29-Mar-14 20:00:05

Dear all

In a major panic.

Am supposed to be flying to Italy tomorrow at 6.30am with two sons and husband. Only just checked passports and 5 yr old's passport expired in jan 14.

Don't know what to do. We are going to go on our first skiing holiday with the kids. Not sure whether DH should take DS1 and leave me to try for emergency passport on Monday then fly out separately and then get new flights and bus and train tickets to get out on Tues. But this will probably add another 1.5k and we were trying to do this on the cheap (hah).

Alternativelly adopt the 'all for one, one for all' approach and just give up, find a b&b in the uk and just all be together on a beach in cornwall or something.

Thoughts please. Have no idea what to do.

specialsubject Sat 29-Mar-14 21:32:28

ouch.

you'll lose the entire holiday if you don't go. If it works for you, I'd send those with passports, while you and the younger one do something else.

£1500 is a lot of money.

sorry.

Crutchlow35 Sun 30-Mar-14 14:16:08

Can you phone the airline for advice? It will probably be a no bit worth asking. I don't know if child rules may be more lenient than adults.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 30-Mar-14 17:28:44

A renewal may well take a few days to arrange so I doubt very much you would even fly out on Tuesday of this week. Even fast tracking it (the premium 4 hour service is NOT available for child renewals) will take a week.

Did you book this through a travel agent or direct with the airline?.
Airline will say no because they will not allow your son to travel on an expired passport. They would be fined for doing so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now