Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flying out of JFK - baby food

(3 Posts)
FIshMama Fri 28-Mar-14 18:19:31

We are traveling to South Africa in a few weeks and will be flying out of JFK terminal 4. Our little will be 16 months by then. Flying time is 17hrs.... Just wondering if anyone has recently flown out of there and if I can buy baby food once I've gone through security...

Also at this age is it easier to get a seat for bubs or just have her sit on my lap for 17hrs?

Thanks

Artandco Fri 28-Mar-14 18:30:58

I would book a seat for them if you can. It's no liquids and I wouldn't take anything that gets warm ie cheese or melts

Raisens
Mini breadsticks
Oatcakes
Banana
Granola bars

Then just buy him food that you have at the airport/ eat on the plane.

By baby food do you mean like purée? Or just anything that a 16 month old might like? Ours love the noodle bars at uk airports, might have at JFK.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 28-Mar-14 20:42:11

I would take what your child likes to eat and enough of it for the flight duration. Buy a seat for your DD as well if finances allow; you do not want her sitting on your lap for the entire flight.

www.jfkiat.com/Shop_dine.html

From what I have seen on their above website re T4 there is nowhere for you to buy baby food or such items, you will need to take it all with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now