Talk

Advanced search

Traveling at the time of pregnancy

(7 Posts)
monim1 Fri 28-Mar-14 10:35:58

I am pregnant of 32 week. In next week i am going to travel Germany with my husband. In this situation traveling could be harmful or not? Should i go for a travel insurance for my security. I have got some information about insurance policy of German government. But i need detail information about travel insurance. [Post edited by MNHQ to remove site link]

IwishIwasmoreorganised Fri 28-Mar-14 10:39:21

You should always have travel insurance when you're planning a trip away whether you're pregnant or not.

In your case you need to check that your cover includes any pregnancy related problems, and your dc should they decide to arrive early. What about repatriation if they do?

If you are a UK citizen, you also need an EHIC card.

Are you flying? When are you returning? Have you checked what the airlines rules are in carrying pregnant ladies and if you need any covering documentation from your midwife?

specialsubject Fri 28-Mar-14 10:41:29

this is someone spamming her site. Reporting.

monim1 Fri 28-Mar-14 13:33:31

IwishIwasmoreorganised
Thanks a lot for your help. I am not a citizen of UK

specialsubject Fri 28-Mar-14 18:53:49

if you want to advertise on mumsnet, you can - costs £50.

noramum Fri 28-Mar-14 20:37:56

You will need a letter that you are fit to fly. You will need the EHIC card. Your def. will need travel insurance and this will be difficult as not a lot of companies do insure woman above 26 weeks. You also should look into an insurance covering the baby if born in Germany.

I am German and was on holiday there last year and needed a doctor. I had to show the EHIC card plus my passport before they saw me. There is no free healthcare in Germany.

monim1 Sat 05-Apr-14 05:50:21

noramum
Thanks a lot for helping me. But i am looking for specific company which will be best for me or any site that can provide me right direction. One of my German friend recommend this site to visit. I got some information from that site but i am looking for more. I hope will help me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now