Talk

Advanced search

Greenacres caravan site Nr Porthmadog, North Wales - any tips please?

(2 Posts)
dottee Tue 16-Mar-04 09:14:38

We're off to sunny(?) North Wales at Easter, that is, during the week before Easter weekend and we'll be staying at the Greenacres site (booked through British Holidays).

Has anyone been? I have heard good reports about the site but if anyone has information about, for example, good child friendly restaurants nearby I'd be happy to hear about them.

Ailsa Tue 16-Mar-04 12:45:22

Great site, have stayed there twice now. Right on the beach, good kids club. Don't really know about places to eat, as we usually do our own food in the caravan. I think dh said the portions looked good in the site restaurant/cafe. There's a chippy just up the road that does kids meals in boxes, you'll pass it on the way to the site.

When we were last there, dh took a trip up Snowdon while MIL and I went shopping in Bangor.
Gorgeous scenery wherever you go. Porthmadog is nice, you can catch the train from there to Ffestiniog. Portmeirion is also nearby (where The Prisoner was filmed).

look here and here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: