Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad to think I can fit everything for a weeks holiday for me, dh and ds (17mo) in two hand luggage cases?

(17 Posts)
cleoowen Fri 21-Mar-14 11:49:48

People keep saying I am but I want to keep the costs down. Taking pram, nappies, clothes, toys and some dried food, surely if I roll i can fit it all in .

googietheegg Fri 21-Mar-14 11:52:58

As long as you can wash stuff you'll be fine. Wear your heaviest shoes and only take one coat each (wearing it on the plane). Maybe wear a sling too if you use one.

anonforabit Fri 21-Mar-14 11:55:11

Yes! Bonkers!

peggyundercrackers Fri 21-Mar-14 12:04:05

yes your bonkers either that or you arent taking a lot with you.

cleoowen Fri 21-Mar-14 12:14:22

Not planning on taking a sling, ds can walk. No washing facilities so was going to take enough clothes for ds for everyday and a few extras but dh and I can wear things more than once.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 21-Mar-14 14:19:54

What does the airline say about weight of cabin bags?.

Problem you face here as well is that cabin bags can only weigh a maximum of 10kg (this is the stated weight limited for Ryanair).

These cases once filled could well weigh over 10kg and then they will then have to be checked into the hold.

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 21-Mar-14 16:55:18

What about toiletries?

BlingBubbles Fri 21-Mar-14 16:58:47

Mmm I would say yes, my DD is now 2.6, all the previous times we have flown I have always checked in one piece of luggage as hand luggage is just not enough. My hand luggage is often taken up by everything I need to entertain DD on the flight.

I would check in one piece.

OddFodd Fri 21-Mar-14 17:02:29

A week's worth of nappies is going to take up about half a cabin bag on their own

blondiep14 Fri 21-Mar-14 17:04:53

I managed once but it did me no good as the case was too heavy.
Annoying and embarrassing when we got to the front of the checkout queue!

mousmous Fri 21-Mar-14 17:07:15

if you can do a wash inbetween, sure.
we went away for a week, 2dc and I with 3 pieces of hand luggage. it was fine.

Bloodyteenagers Fri 21-Mar-14 17:08:15

You buy the toiletries and nappies when you land. Especially the toiletries because of limitations on how much you can take in hand luggage.
Why can you not take 3 hand luggage? I thought each seat got an allowance.

mousmous Fri 21-Mar-14 17:09:59

if dc is under 2, there is no set for them...

cleoowen Fri 21-Mar-14 20:09:20

Haven't paid for a flight for ds. Decided to check in a bag for the extra money . Think will be best after all otherwise could be a stressful holiday if we haven't got everything we need .

cleoowen Fri 21-Mar-14 20:11:11

Should read seat for ds. Yes, would probably end up being more expensive as the bags too heavy and has to be checked in at the price at the airport rather than a pre booked cheaper price.

Might do a pre pack a week before just to check its a complete no no.

junkfoodaddict Fri 21-Mar-14 21:23:10

I went on a 2-week holiday with just 2 suitcases, a DH, a buggy and a 19 month old!
It is totally do-able. If you're going somewhere hot, toddlers just need baby vests and swim shorts.
Nappies get airside at the airport and carry on as hand luggage or buy when you get to the resort.

snowgirl1 Wed 26-Mar-14 12:23:38

When we went away with 18 month DD my hand luggage allowance was almost entirely used up with stuff I'd taken to keep DD entertained on the flight + nappies + food/snacks for her. Although that said, I didn't take one of those roll-on cases as hand luggage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now