Talk

Advanced search

Scottish hotel with pool not in a town/city?

(13 Posts)
UpQuarkDownQuark Fri 21-Mar-14 10:53:18

Can anyone recommend a hotel for a 2/3 night break preferably with a pool and in a quieter countryside area?

Pregnant with my first so just want a quiet couple of nights somewhere.

Anywhere in Scotland except the Scottish Borders and Dumfries and Galloway.

OatcakeCravings Fri 21-Mar-14 10:55:44

Crieff Hydro, loads of kids, but does have an adults only pool/Spa. TBH as there is so much for kids to do they aren't around that much, except at breakfast!

OatcakeCravings Fri 21-Mar-14 10:58:42

Also there is a Crerar (spelling?) hotel in Pitlochry which has a pool/spa which I haven't been to but my friend raves about it.

UpQuarkDownQuark Fri 21-Mar-14 11:10:13

Thanks, I had looked at Crieff hydro but was worried it was geared more towards Families with children. I will have another look at it.

rookiemater Fri 21-Mar-14 17:06:08

Personally I wouldn't go to Crieff Hydro without DCs. Yes there is an adult only area but it cost extra per person to go to it and the time we went it was full to bursting.

This place doesn't have a pool www.mhor.net/monachyle-mhor-hotel/ but is very relaxing and I think adults only. Or this place has a pool and wonderful views www.loch-lomond.co.uk/ just try to make sure there isn't a wedding on when you are there.

woodlandwanderwoman Fri 21-Mar-14 17:11:20

Peebles Hydro is lovely but it's Borders, Turnberry is gorgeous and not just for golfers

rookiemater Fri 21-Mar-14 17:18:35

OOh yes Turnberry - I'd forgotten about there. I once stayed years ago with work and when I came back to the bedroom, not only was there turndown, but also a little rug at the bedside so my feet didn't get cold, and I got propositioned by a hunky waiter ( was single at the time). It's lush, go there.

WildThong Fri 21-Mar-14 17:20:54

Auchrannie on Arran is lovely too.

JustAboutAdeqeuate Fri 21-Mar-14 17:23:18

What about Cameron House by Loch Lomond?

eltsihT Fri 21-Mar-14 17:25:08

The Hilton in avimore is lovely.

Have you looked at spa's I had a lovely weekend away at stobo castle (sorry in the borders) when pregnant, they did a pregnancy massage and I had my nails done as well as having a lovely swim.

Crutchlow35 Sat 22-Mar-14 19:03:11

Dalmahoy, just outside edinburgh

Norton house, again just outside edinburgh

Rufflets by St. Andrews

stargirl1701 Sat 22-Mar-14 19:04:49

Gleneagles grin

nannyafrica Sat 22-Mar-14 19:53:55

if you go into www.booking.com and put in Scotland and your dates you can click on swimming pool and spa there are quite a few nice looking places at great prices. Makes me want to book!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now