Talk

Advanced search

Best campsite in the vendee?

(9 Posts)
krisskross Thu 20-Mar-14 21:22:15

we are camping newbies and have decided to take the plunge.....usually we stay in eurocamp style places...and like good pools, kids entertainment and the ubiquitous evening disco....any suggestions would be great.

thanks

krisskross Thu 20-Mar-14 21:25:10

just to clarify, i meant kids disco.

The DC are aged 4 and 6 so we want sites that will suit them. Thanks.

krisskross Sat 22-Mar-14 20:38:19

bump....

dreamingofsun Sun 23-Mar-14 16:29:05

la garangeiore is one of the best sites we have stayed at in france. not sure if there was a kids disco, but the rock band were great. not that keen on vendee though. canvas pitches were espec good and also thompson al fresco i think. ukcampsites.co.uk has reviews

krisskross Sun 23-Mar-14 21:21:17

Thanks dreaming...we've never been to the. Vendee...what did you not Like?

krisskross Sun 23-Mar-14 21:26:03

And what was good about that site? Thanks.

dreamingofsun Sun 23-Mar-14 21:59:52

we've spend a lot of time in brittany, which has much older towns and villages. vendee resorts seemed to be all bungalows. it just lacked the character i suppose. plus it was a 4 hour + drive - do not travel on a sat as traffic is awful

pitches good size. good range of facilities. well maintained. decent bar and things happening in the evening. a lot of people seemed to go back each year. the canvas pitch was probably the biggest in 10+ years of this type of holiday. was nice and quiet at night

Have a look at reviews on campsites on uk campsites.co.uk.

Have stayed at garangeoire which is nice but pitches are close together. Camping Guyonniere is Dutch run, far less Brits and has huge pitches. We preffered guyonierre of the two.

Both are near st julien des landes and a 15 minute drive from the beach.

Above is bases on taking our own tent rather than staying in a static van.

Not the vendee but in a static with dc's your age we stayed in duinrell in the Netherlands. Excellent onsite theme park included in the price. Was fantastic for under tens

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now