Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Costa Brava/Dorada

(4 Posts)
Stokey Thu 20-Mar-14 11:32:57

Looking for a villa for a week in August. we're going to France for a week after so it has to be that region of Spain - i know the south very well but not too familiar with the north.

Lots advertised in a place called Calonge - does anyone know what it is like? Or can you recommend other places?

Two families going so we want don't really want to be somewhere too urban, we'll probably have lunch out & hang out at home in the evenings so don't need to be near restuarants.

Countessfosco Thu 20-Mar-14 17:33:17

I went to lafranc last year and loved it. Only a small place, lovely beach and nice restaurants. We were happy on the beach and eating out in the restaurants and touring around a bit. Lots of hiking and boat trips. Lots to see around the place but a car was needed. Was able to walk easily into a town called Calella ( something like that).
Went into tossa de mar and happy not there, but fine for a visit. Not sure about your area, but hope this helps.

frenchfancy Sat 22-Mar-14 11:19:40

I really like Llfranc and Callela as well. But we have only been in October, I imagine it must get busy in August.

alseb Sat 22-Mar-14 21:21:21

Begur is a lovely town on the Costa Brava. Not too far from the French border. There are lots of gorgeous places to stay. Have a look at Sa Tuna, Aigua Blava, Tamariu, Sa Riera, Aigua Freida all along the coast. All wonderful. I wish I was going back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now