Talk

Advanced search

Flying with baby food, with regards to current restrictions

(9 Posts)
Waswondering Mon 14-Aug-06 22:28:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bramblina Mon 14-Aug-06 22:54:15

LOL at giraffe!

We're flying transatlantic in 4 weeks and tbh I really think it will have died down by then, let alone Christmas! The only thing you could do is phone your airline a few weeks before and check. Maybe if the jars are sealed they won't be too concerned. Is there any chance you could put off weaning her till you get home? That would be my plan from past experience. However, I think if they are going to prevent anyone from taking baby jars on a plane my guess is they would have to supply them. You can hardly feed the baby their lovely chicken casserole (that hasn't so much as seen a chicken)!

NotQuiteCockney Tue 15-Aug-06 02:44:42

Based on my travel experience today, I think the easiest thing to do would be to try to buy the baby food between security and the airplane, from one of the shops ... not sure if there's anywhere selling baby food in there, but depending on how old your baby is (or will be), you could maybe give a pret sandwich or something, at worst?

I expect things will be more relaxed by then, anyway.

Waswondering Tue 15-Aug-06 18:56:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBadger Tue 15-Aug-06 19:02:22

not sure re Glasgow but most places have a Boots airside so you may be able get jars.

If not then there are worse things than the Pret yogurt/fruit pots, and if you can procure a banana you could mash it on a spare dish once the food comes round.

I must admit it's at times like this that BLW looks most attractive...

bramblina Tue 15-Aug-06 21:41:17

Waswondering, I am flying with Zoom from Glasgow, as I mentioned, in a few weeks. I'll let you know how I get on, add this to your watch list as we're not back till 6th October.

bramblina Sun 15-Oct-06 22:26:10

You still watching this?

We just got back last week. Going out, I had to taste ds's milk and water, and they confiscated his vaseline, sudocrem olbas oil and sun lotion. [sngry] Hadn't realised they were in the nappy bag. Anything smaller than 50ml we were allowed. I even offered to taste the vaseline! We had to take our shoes off too for the magic eye. The queue was totally rediculous- make sure you go through customs asap, don't leave it too late. However at check in there were boxes everywhere that your hand luggage had to fit in and we were worried that ours would exceed it but they didn't even bother about the size and we could have got away witha lot more.
HTH

caz31 Tue 14-Jun-11 22:25:16

Hi I am going to Greece in holidays in two weeks time I have a baby that will be 4months old can I take bottles with water and dried milk to make in air plan ? Or do you have to buy the dried milk after security and get boiled water as well?
Please reply
Caz

TragicallyHip Tue 14-Jun-11 22:37:41

I have never had a problem taking food through. I always take snacks, fruit, yoghurt etc through. It's liquids that they are more concerned with.

Caz I would take pre-made cartons through. Take extra as they may want you to open some of them to taste. Or call the boots or what ever shop is after security to find out if they stock pre-made milk and reserve/order some cartons.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: