Talk

Advanced search

Morocco with a 4-year-old

(6 Posts)
iismum Tue 04-Mar-14 16:26:49

DS(4) and I are often to Morocco for 10 days in late March - flying into Gibraltar and getting the ferry to Tangier, then flying out of Marrakech. I long for wilderness and adventure; DS is not fond of bus journeys and not a great walker.

I think our basic route will be Tangier-Fez-Marrakech, but would love to go somewhere a bit off the beaten track and rural, as long as it's reachable (i.e., no more than 2/3 hours on a bus from the above cities or other places reachable by train).

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions!

PeterParkerSays Tue 04-Mar-14 16:29:56

I have a 4 year old. He'd love the ferry but not 3 hours on a bus in a hot country. I'm not sure this is the best trip for a child of this age.

Is there a particular reason you want to go to Morocco?

iismum Tue 04-Mar-14 16:38:21

It's not going to be that hot in northern Morocco in March. He's used to travelling by bus at home - just not too keen on a very long trip. Most of the travelling will be by train (which he also loves) - but I'm prepared to take a bus trip to get away from the big cities. We want to go to Morocco because it's not too far and there are lots of exciting things for both of us. He's particularly excited about the camels.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 05-Mar-14 11:06:15

No suggestions, just wanted to say I would love to do that holiday too, it sounds wonderful smile

iismum Wed 05-Mar-14 22:55:37

Thanks, Sootica (love the name, by the way). We're both v excited!

Bunbaker Wed 05-Mar-14 22:59:25

I wouldn't want to take an unhappy four year old on a long bus trip, especially if there were no toilets on the bus. I have travelled by train in Morocco. Are there no other places on the rail network that you can go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now