Talk

Advanced search

Do resorts have swimming lessons for children?

(5 Posts)
soundevenfruity Tue 04-Mar-14 14:36:32

We are planning a holiday term time this year before DS starts school. We haven't had anything as a family for a couple of years and just want something relaxing and warm. All inclusives in Turkey sound good value for money and they do have children clubs but I can't find if any offer group or individual swimming lessons. Can anybody recommend a good resort in Turkey or anywhere in Europe?

Seeline Tue 04-Mar-14 14:39:09

First Choice Holiday Villages usually have swimming lessons as do Thomson Family Resorts. You book and pay for them in resort.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 05-Mar-14 11:10:05

No idea about swimming lessons but do make sure you research you hotel well, there are a lot of very good AI hotels in Turkey but they aren't cheap. There are also a lot of cheap but not good quality hotels. Cheap and quality don't go together.

There are some amazing resorts in Turkey, we go every year near enough, mainly to the Bodrum Peninsula but we never go AI. One of the best AI hotels in the are is WOW Bodrum, but it isn't cheap. You do get what you pay for though.

Hersetta Wed 05-Mar-14 15:18:45

Yes all the FC Holiday villages have swim academy lessons. They are group lessons (5 x 30 mins) for �30 or a 30 min private lesson for �15.

For the last two years, we have paid for group lessons, but have ended up with privates as they try to match up childdren of similar ages and abilities, but because DD is so young and a very decent swimmer (she had her 50m before she was 4) they have always given her lessons by herself.

soundevenfruity Wed 05-Mar-14 19:22:45

Thank you, everybody. I will check First Choice. We just didn't have much luck with lessons locally and for non-swimmers they are hard to come by anyway. I thought lots of swimming pools and hopefully sea nearby would spur him on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now