Talk

Advanced search

Airport Lounges - No1 Gatwick South with kids?

(8 Posts)
catslave Mon 03-Mar-14 12:36:23

We're travelling to France for skiing this Easter, but have a 4 hour wait at Gatwick with 4, 8 and 10 year old dcs. I'm just pondering on getting us a place in the No1 lounge, but am wondering if it will be hell with children in tow? Apparently they have board games and table football, so that and the food should keep them busy for a bit! Not sure if it will be £90s worth of busy, however…

Has anyone been in one, and are they worth it, or will I be constantly trying to contain my youngest in a library-like atmosphere?

catslave Mon 03-Mar-14 12:36:56

Oh - we'll be there between about 9.30-12/30, so breakfast time.

cheerup Mon 03-Mar-14 13:12:39

We used it last year. It seems more aimed at leisure travellers than business and our 2 and 7 year olds enjoyed it. There's a dark cinema room that showed kids films, comfy seats, free snacks and bar as well as light meals you can order, large Imacs, magazines & newspapers. Being able to use the premier security channel was a bonus. It is a bit pricey but if we had to sit at Gatwick for 4 hours I would pay for it again.

Creamycoolerwithcream Mon 03-Mar-14 13:37:43

We always book a lounge to start our holidays. We found we were spending quite a bit on meals, drinks and in the shops so found it more relaxing and not much more expensive than wandering around the airports. They aren't really 'libraryish' but nice, bright and feel quite spacious. You can usually order hot dishes and there may be a light buffet laid on and a wide choice of drinks and magazines available.

givemeaclue Mon 03-Mar-14 14:18:19

We used it with our kids. Made waiting much more bearable although it is not cheap

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 03-Mar-14 14:19:56

This company's lounge at Gatwick North has a cinema room, it would appear that the one at Gatwick South does not. This lounge also is a bit out of the way in terms of location and not near the lift.

I would also suggest you read the recent reviews on Tripadvisor before booking as well. If you do decide to use it I would book it in advance because they will charge you more otherwise.

catslave Mon 03-Mar-14 23:19:44

Thanks! That's a real bummer about the cinema room… not sure table football makes up for it, but I'm glad to hear it isn't child unfriendly. Does anyone know if there is a games room or if all that is just in the seated area?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 04-Mar-14 07:07:04

Their South lounge seemingly does not have a games room either (unlike their lounge in the north terminal which states on their list of features for this lounge a cinema,tvs and games room).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now