Talk

Advanced search

Feel like my baby is not welcome

(14 Posts)
Sars123 Mon 03-Mar-14 09:42:36

I went to a pub yesterday intending to have so day dinner but it was really busy so we had a drink at the bar while we waited for a table to become free! My baby was hungry so I have him his bottle of milk and within minutes was asked not to feed my baby at ye bar! With no where to sit what was I supposed to do. I chose to leave but my husband asked to speak to the manager who was aggressive and rude. He said he had told us last week not to bring out baby to the pub! We had not been told this but it is a country pub at 6pm! Personally I felt it was fine to have my baby there with me! I have been going into this pub for years but after being made to feel like I was wrong for feeding my son I will never go there again!
I had also had it there the week before where when I asked where I could change my babies nappy I was told they did not have anywhere but I could do it in my car! It was only 5 degress! Mums in cheshire beware of where you go with your kids

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 03-Mar-14 10:23:56

Well I wouldn't be going back there again! Find somewhere that does welcome your baby, there are plenty of pubs around that do.

ArtexMonkey Mon 03-Mar-14 10:28:23

It's nice when places are child friendly when you have little children who need to be with you all the time.

However, when you have slightly bigger children who can be left with other people, it's also nice when you can go places and there are no stinky shitty nappy bins, minging change tables, or other people's darlings.

JeanSeberg Mon 03-Mar-14 10:30:40

Name and shame OP - I'm in south Manchester. This kind of thing boils my piss.

Sars123 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:39:40

It was The Dog Inn in Peover Cheshire! Such a shame as I travel half an hour by car to get there because I still considered it to be my local after going in so many years

Missdee2014 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:41:52

Personally I don't think a pub is a place for babies anyway.

Doesn't excuse being rudely spoke to though.

Sars123 Mon 03-Mar-14 23:47:59

I would agree with you if we weren't going out for a family meal. Obviously that is not something we can do. I knew my life would change when I had a baby! And have lived very minute of it but never expected this

Marylou2 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:42:56

Wow OP sorry you were treated so badly. This really shocks me. I know this pub and it's no rough boozer but a lovely place in the Cheshire countryside. Won't be going back in a hurry.

Sars123 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:33:38

Thanks marylou2! Believe me it shocked me too! Iv been going in there for not far off ten years and have worked there a few years back

Crutchlow35 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:52:49

England might be different but in Scotland, I am sure it is illegal for under 18s to be at the bar. At a table is ok, just not at the bar.

NatashaBee Tue 04-Mar-14 20:58:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wannaBe Tue 04-Mar-14 21:01:46

it is illegal for children to be at the bar.

<<waves to misdee>> hello! haven't see you for ages - how/where have you been?

LadyMud Tue 04-Mar-14 21:11:51

. . . and they advertise traditional family-style Sunday lunch hmm

babyheaves Tue 04-Mar-14 21:12:06

There's a lot of child-friendly places out there and sometimes you don't realise that somewhere isn't until you're faced with it. It must be really upsetting if that's always been your pub and you even worked there and its a shame that it's turned out like this.

Children aren't allowed at the bar, but a lot ignore babes in arms.

Time to start asking around for where are friendly places for children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now