Talk

Advanced search

Center parcs- is it worth paying extra to be closer to the central bit?

(15 Posts)
professorpoopsnagle Sat 01-Mar-14 13:10:53

We are to Elveden Forest, going in Feb next year but not half term week. £50 extra for middle part and £40 for outer but a bit nearer. Half thinking to chance it and spend the money on upgrading to executive and activities. Children will be 5, 8 and 11, so ok at walking but just thinking it might be coldish?

HermioneWeasley Sat 01-Mar-14 13:13:34

I always pay at Sherwood. It's a PITA other wise. Not too much per day

notapizzaeater Sat 01-Mar-14 13:15:15

Just back from whinfell - def worth it. We forgot - grr. 20 mins each way each time was knackering ..... Lugging stuff round.

Whatevertheweather Sat 01-Mar-14 13:15:49

We go to longleat and always pay to be near the swimming pool as that's where we tend to spend most time

Fairylea Sat 01-Mar-14 13:16:14

To be honest we always choose to be further out as it's quieter and you don't get any noise from the main hub. With older children like yours they'll enjoy cycling in and being that bit further out you will get loads of ducks and deer on your back doorstep.

Mildpanic Sat 01-Mar-14 13:18:47

Definitely. We do as it is much easier with little ones to be able to pop back for lunch change of clothes etc. At Nottingham and Whinfell some of the outer edges of the villages are a pretty long hike.

Creamycoolerwithcream Sat 01-Mar-14 13:21:15

Deffo worth it. We found you can fit so much more into each day.

Branleuse Sat 01-Mar-14 13:24:17

you get more wildlife on your patio towards middle and outer, but central is more convenient

givemeaclue Sat 01-Mar-14 14:21:16

Definitely.
Have been 3 times, only paid to be central on the last trip and it was so much more convenient. You will save money as you can pop back to lodge for lunch.
Still had ducks, deer, squirrels on patio.

flowery Sat 01-Mar-14 14:24:00

Only if you'll be walking rather than cycling. We prefer quieter with more wildlife and cycle back and forth anyway so no advantage paying to be nearer. DS 1&2 are 6 and 4.

Hulababy Sat 01-Mar-14 14:27:24

I would say no but that is because we chose to have bikes and enjoy the chance to cycle there and back each day. That's important to us. I guess if you are walking then you may want closer.

We also like an outer location as you tend to have less houses behind you, if any and more places for children to explore.

Hulababy Sat 01-Mar-14 14:28:36

On a bike furthest away you ever are is not much more than 5 minutes. About 20 if walking maybe.

yourlittlesecret Sat 01-Mar-14 17:11:45

If you hire bikes it isn't worth it. The only time I have bothered was in February when I figured it might be icy or snowy.

Breakage Sat 01-Mar-14 17:20:15

I choose to be as far out as possible but yes, you need bikes (and to enjoy them) for that to work.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 01-Mar-14 17:21:59

If its Elveden you're staying at I would pick your villa location with a degree of care. I would look at CPs website and map of Elveden itself before deciding. Its a long way from the outer edges of this particular village to the main centre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now