Talk

Advanced search

UK holiday in April

(6 Posts)
whereohwhere Fri 28-Feb-14 20:02:51

Hi everyone,

We're looking to go away in April for up to a week. We have 3 DC, aged 6, 4 and 2. Been through a rather stressful time lately for various reasons, so was hoping to go to a hotel that offers child-friendly activities and so on, so DH and I will have a bit of a break. Spa treatments, lunch together, that type of thing...

We've been to Babington House a few times and loved it (though last time felt the prices weren't quuuuite justified!) We would like to go somewhere new - but somewhere along those lines is what we're looking for.

I've read really mixed reviews of the Luxury Family Hotels group (Wooley Grange, Calcot Manor etc) so unsure. Any ideas?

Thanks so much.

IamMrsElf Sat 01-Mar-14 08:56:36

http://www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk/

IamMrsElf Sat 01-Mar-14 09:06:38

I saw this website on a leaflet or something and they seem to offer lots of holiday solutions that have the features you are looking for. Hope this helps.

givemeaclue Sat 01-Mar-14 14:27:19

Hi op, I have taken my children to calcot manor and it was excellent. It is NOT part of the luxury family hotels chain that Woolley grange etc are.
Great crèche ( ofsted outstanding when we went), babysitting, fantastic kids tea each day, swimming pool, spa. Mine were only toddlers when we went. We enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night!
Would live to go back one day.
This wasa. While ago so check tripadvisor etc.
It was expensive , was special occasion.

givemeaclue Sat 01-Mar-14 14:28:06

Not as trendy as babbling ton though, more traditional

bluesky Sat 08-Mar-14 18:40:20

I agree Calcot is lovely and would definitely go back one day.

Bedruthan is brilliant for families, with a huge beach to run around on, great food, spa treatments 5*.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now