Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris August or October half term?

(13 Posts)
llynnnn Fri 28-Feb-14 15:02:11

Hi
We were looking at Disneyland Paris for 4 nights in October half term, but the price seems to be the same for 4 nights in early August (school summer hols!) when the weather would be much much better and the days longer etc! Does anyone know why this would be? Is it manically busy in august compared to October half term? Or is it just that the prices for October dates could get better a bit closer to the time?

I have been looking at 2 adults and 2 kids (8&5) for 4 nights in the sequioa lodge and the price is coming out at £1400 with no travel. Does this sound good? That it with a special offer of 30% off and free half board dining for us all.

Any tips/advice very appreciated smile

Creamycoolerwithcream Fri 28-Feb-14 17:16:04

I guess they are both peak weeks so are similarly priced. Which week would you prefer? If you choose October would you end up spending lots in the summer holidays on days out or another holiday. If you went in the Summer would you combine it with somewhere else in France to make a longer holiday of it. Both choices sound good to me. Longer days in the summer or all the Halloween stuff in October. Have you priced up late August when the French children have gone back to school?

llynnnn Fri 28-Feb-14 19:44:14

Would love to stay on longer in august but not sure we have the holiday days to take. The Halloween themed things would be good but then so would the warmer weather! Arrrgh decisions smile

Hawkmoth Fri 28-Feb-14 19:46:18

October. I went once when it was 38 degrees and it was fucking horrendous. The biggest queues were for the water fountains.

llynnnn Fri 28-Feb-14 21:01:27

Ouch 38 degrees is too much for us!! Were the queues for the rides v v long too?

LoosingBattle Fri 28-Feb-14 21:10:02

We went early Feb for two nights. Freezing cold but wrapped up, absolutely no queues so saw/did everything and as it was so cheap can still afford a relaxing summer holiday. Just a thought for next year smile

Hawkmoth Fri 28-Feb-14 21:31:53

The ride queues were ok I think, because not many people were daft enough to stand in the sun!

llynnnn Fri 28-Feb-14 21:57:07

Ha can't blame them! We wouldn't be able to stand it that got either...

noramum Sat 01-Mar-14 11:15:04

August is also school holiday time in France and you will also compete with other European tourists. I could imagine it gets more crowded.

We went end of June for a long weekend and I was amazed by the amount of French day trippers on a warm and sunny Sunday. It was around mid-twenties and a lot of queues are in the open with no shade at all. It wasn't very nice.

I would take the wrap-up warm October alternative.

givemeaclue Sat 01-Mar-14 14:22:46

I would avoid French school holidays

llynnnn Sun 02-Mar-14 09:07:25

Thank you for your replies....we still haven't decided smile

amroc18 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:14:43

Stayed last October half term, which would recommend (queues not too bad). Worth looking into booking hotel, park tickets and Eurostar separately-saved us loads even compared to package as I recall (although can't remember exact price paid in end)

llynnnn Sun 02-Mar-14 16:54:04

Thanks amroc, did you book eurosyar directly through Eurostar site? I looked on there and it was £400 cheaper than booking with Disney! Do you remember the websites you booked the tickets and hotel with? We were looking at staying in the Cheyenne possibly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now