Talk

Advanced search

Help passport office had passport 9 weeks and still not got it back!

(10 Posts)
Jennacrookes1984 Tue 25-Feb-14 15:11:20

Hi
Can anyone please please please help me.
I sent my daughters passport application in on the 23rd of december 13, shes only 6 months old and was born in sheffield and both parents bristish. The passport application is at the durham passport office. Everytime i call i either cant get through to them. They never call back! The last time i spoke to someone she basically said checks are still ongoing and i will get it when its done. We are suppost to be going on holiday for my 30th on the 14th march but doesnt look like its going to happen. Ive tried been nice and even sent letters in from my daughter pleding with them! I cant get any answer to why this is happening!
Does anyone have any ideas?
They have had it 9 weeks now!
Ive even told them i have postnatal depression and the will end up on the news after mother tops herself because no one will help!

MillyMollyMama Tue 25-Feb-14 17:48:02

You should have a case number and you must use this. There is still 2 weeks to go, but 9 weeks is excessive. I had to query my Mother's passport application recently and they said there were short delays, an extra week, making it 3 weeks.

Are you phoning the right number? I had no problems speaking to anyone. Not Durham though. See if there is a UKPASSPORT phone number that covers all offices and make sure you have the reference number. What checks can they be making on a baby? Seems odd.

MillyMollyMama Tue 25-Feb-14 17:55:29

Forgot to say that there is an online tracking system. Try and use this. Also a first passport is a minimum of 6 weeks and they say not to book before you get it!

Jennacrookes1984 Tue 25-Feb-14 18:43:34

Hi
Thanku for your reply. Ive got the barcode that you get when you send it check and send, i use that when i ring. I have the main passport number, when i ring them they put me through to durham but they hardly ever pick up. Today i rang and they said durham are not answering phones today. They send them emails but they dont ring back. I waited a week for a call back.
I sent this application along with another first childs passport and that came back within 3 weeks. I have used the email tracking system by still havent had an email back and that was a week ago.
I checked the uk passport site and i found that it says it normally takes 3 weeks?
Im just getting more and more stressed out! Just wish i could get through to someone at the office who can explain why its taking so long.
Many thanks

Jennacrookes1984 Tue 25-Feb-14 18:44:53

Sorry forgot to add i asked them what they need to check and they said they couldnt discuss that information!

Phoebe47 Wed 26-Feb-14 17:52:17

Get in touch with your local M.P. and ask them to chase them up. It is ridiculous that they are not giving information/not answering the phone. I wish you luck.

AnneElliott Wed 26-Feb-14 17:59:05

They send all kids passports for checking with the person who countersigned them. Speak to the person who signed it and ask them if they have received a letter from the passport office. I signed for my friend and they would not issue them until I had returned the paperwork guaranteeing that I had signed the forms and knew the mother.

toolatetobed Thu 27-Feb-14 23:49:23

I agree that you should check with the person who countersigned the application whether he/she has been asked by the passport office to confirm any information and, if so, whether he/she has responded. I countersigned applications for a friend's children and the passport office wrote to me to make some further checks.

dontyouknow Sat 01-Mar-14 14:46:28

They don't check with the person who countersigned on all children's passports. I have done lots for friend's children and never been contacted.

My then 4mo DS's passport last year took about a fortnight and that was going into the summer period when I would expect them to be busier.

I hope you get it in time - 9 weeks really does seem excessive.

Jennacrookes1984 Sun 02-Mar-14 11:43:24

Thank you for your messages.
After been told on about 5 different occassions that i cant cancel the application i have now been told that i can cancel it! Ive managed to get a copy birth certificate and book a fast track appointment in liverpool tomorrow. The prob now is that when i rang the women said i could cancel it over phone, when i rang back to do it someone else said they need it in writing! So i had to send a fax yesterday morning for someone to hopefully pick it up and cancel the application! If they dont cancel it then i will have a wasted 2 hour journey to liverpool because then wont accept a new application if one is on going!
Plus the 1 week fast track isnt guaranteed. I have 10 days to get it back! I do hope this works!
I really cant believe its come to this, they have had it now 10 weeks and was still told checks are still been done. I asked about countersignature but said it isnt anything to do with that. All they say is checks take different amounts of time! I honestly think they have lost her birth certificate or something like that! My MP has rang me back but they cant look into it until the 10th march. As we travel early morning on the 14th doesnt look like they are going to be able to help!
Still not received any info back from online email tracking system! Its a total joke!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now