Talk

Advanced search

Sling advice

(8 Posts)
Doodle1983 Tue 25-Feb-14 05:40:11

Hi. My baby sling arrived yesterday (yay) and I'm wanting some advice when out and about. Might seem like a silly question but what do I put the baby in clothes wise when walking him out in the cold weather ? Obviously if he were in a pram he'd be wrapped up but with the sling does it stay on under my coat and then my coat cover us both up? Or do I wear it on the outside and have him in a coat/suit as I would do ordinarily on an outing.

Soz for the daft question

hazchem Tue 25-Feb-14 05:45:45

It depends a little on the type of sling you have. But in general consider it as an item of clothing over your baby. I used to put a coat over both of us.

Bluecarrot Tue 25-Feb-14 06:20:58

Coat on over sling- means if you go somewhere warm you can slip coat off easily. Dress baby the same as you as they absorb your body heat.

dylsmimi Tue 25-Feb-14 06:26:33

Definitely a hat for the baby (&yourself if you like!) as it can be easily removed when indoors.
leggings or big knee socks keeps their legs warm. I have some huggalugs (i think) that are mereno wool and very warmas their legs are obviously sticking out and would normally be covered by a blanket.
happy slinging! What did you get :nosey:

dylsmimi Tue 25-Feb-14 06:31:14

Like these www.naturallyhappyslings.co.uk/baby-carrier-accessories/huggalugs/huggalugs.html

Doodle1983 Tue 25-Feb-14 06:36:25

Thanks for the advice. This is only a temp measure as I can't push the buggy yet after my section but want to get out of the house. I have a baby carrier but he's obky 5lb at 3 weeks old and won't fit in it until 8lb.

I just have one from eBay dylsmimi to try rather than splashing on some I've seen - it's the same as the moby wrap

dylsmimi Tue 25-Feb-14 06:41:27

You may find you use the buggy a lot less than you thought! Its lovely having cuddles and being able to easily go round in shops, up edcalators etc.
if its like a Moby then you wont need the baby in a big coat or snowsuit as you have 3 pieces of fabric over baby and your body heat.
it is like having your own hot water bottle!
and congratulations on your new baby

Doodle1983 Tue 25-Feb-14 08:04:39

Thanks. I couldn't imagine fitting him in the sling with a coat on hence my question really - he wouldnt half be packet in! Lol

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now