Talk

Advanced search

Chances of a last minute all inclusive deal in August?

(5 Posts)
bigpaws Mon 24-Feb-14 10:25:25

What would be the chances of me getting a last minute deal on an all inclusive holiday in August?

I am self employed, so thinking of booking 2 weeks off in the Summer Hols (even though I am self employed I need to give my clients notice of my hols).

Is there such a thing as a late deal for my requirements? We have only had one holiday abroad with the kids, so don't know much about locations; cost etc. I'm just feeling we have missed all the FREE child places for this summer hols?

Any suggestions please? TIA

mummymeister Mon 24-Feb-14 13:30:10

this year I think it is going to be very tricky due to the Gove changes. loads of places seem booked up much earlier. we go on separate holidays during the 6 weeks with the kids and every where we have stayed in in the past is now full. you need to tough it out until the week before you want to go and then be super flexible - the airport, the location, the hotel. then you might get a deal. but remember the holidays left unsold in August are the ones no one else wants so be prepared to compromise

bigpaws Mon 24-Feb-14 18:52:49

Thank you for your comment mummy. Perhaps I should get some prices now in the hope that their might be free child places left?

I am new to this and feel so nervous!
confused

eandh Mon 24-Feb-14 18:56:49

We decided in may last year we fancied a week all inclusive in August we searched and searched online and in travel agents couldn't find anything under £2450 hardly any flight availability (we are in south east so can go from gatwick, stansted or Bournemouth) and hotel rubbish reviews, finally booked self catering apartments and flights (cost £1850 and then spent £600 In a week with Dds aged 6 and 8 at time) we booked last October for this year and got 4* hotel lanxarote all inclusive for 11 nights for £2550 so deaf work booking earlier (friends were looking to come with us this year and hotel now fully booked)!

MillyMollyMama Tue 25-Feb-14 09:53:19

It all depends on your budget. I suspect you could get AI in the Caribbean/Mexico in August. Your budget will determine if this is possible or not.

I imagine child free places are for early bookers so why not plan a bit earlier? DH is self employed and we have always planned well in advance so he can organise workload around a holiday. Works better for us and we get to go where we want, when we want. I think last minute is dead in the water personally and I hate paying a lot for something and somewhere I do not actually want to go. I would rather stay in the UK than somewhere not up to standard abroad and organise something for the following year, even Easter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now