Talk

Advanced search

1ST Holiday with 6 month old this July. Suggestions. .

(9 Posts)
Rochdalian Sat 22-Feb-14 09:22:41

Hi all. Myself and the wife have just had our first child and are looking around at holidays for this summer.we would like to go abroad but not too far with us having a 6 month old by then. Does any one have any recommendations at all.

dinodino27 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:16:55

Italy - if fab the Italians love kids and cant do enough the help you. We took our then 6 month old on a bit of an Italian road trip- We flew easyjet to Bergamo, had a couple of days there, a few in Lake Como, Lake Garda and Venice. It was great - although Venice was hard work with a pram.

Other than the first night we did not pre book accommodation - but everywhere we stayed organised travel cots and really went the extra mile to make sure baby was happy. I really think you cannot go wrong with the Italian lakes.

Certainly could not even begin to do anything like that now the kids are older and NEED entertaining.

noramum Sat 22-Feb-14 19:26:45

I found it the easiest before DD was on solids, just milk and ready to go.

We opted for a UK holiday when DD was 10 months despite being abroad before (grandparents are in Germany) as we just wanted peace and didn't needed sun or a pool. I found it easy to just pop into the next supermarket to get formula and breakfast cereal.

PortofinoRevisited Sat 22-Feb-14 21:17:55

Depends what you want from a holiday. I would say at 6 months, you want self catering with access to a pool. Do you want to drive or fly? Budget?

summerlovingliz Sat 22-Feb-14 21:26:00

Sensatori Tenerife, v baby friendly and fabulous smile

dinodino27 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:50:12

Anywhere really - 6 months is the perfect age for travel (it only get harder!) From experience i have been to Italy - when ds was 5 months and it was fab. Flew to Bergamo and lakes and Venice, when dd was 6 months we went to South Africa. Again perfect for babies. I think it is hard to go wrong with such young kids. Much, much harder when toddler and 5-6 to come up with ideas.

MillyMollyMama Sun 23-Feb-14 13:02:58

Brittany. Go on the ferry, take your own car and gear. No waiting around in busy airports or flight delays. We rented houses and the driving is easy. Also you can get caravans on lovely small sites with pools or family run hotels. Lovely weather, good food and great beaches. Largely hassle free and relaxing. We liked the Carnac area.

FatimaLovesBread Sun 23-Feb-14 13:05:35

We took DD to Majorca when she was five and a half months, was ideal as she was still only on milk so didn't have to worry about food. However she grabbed a few things off our plate so enjoyed some melon etc.
We went in May though as it was a bit cooler (and cheaper)

Bootoyou2 Sun 23-Feb-14 13:11:09

France- 30mins through tunnel, can fill your car with all the baby kit you need! Drive a bit, spend one night somewhere and drive further the next day and them spend a week in self catering somewhere. Can take your time and stop when needed so stress free, driving easy in France, lots of nice food etc ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now