Talk

Advanced search

Keeping baby formula fresh ?

(7 Posts)
WeeClype Fri 21-Feb-14 14:01:46

Going to Florida and I'm wondering how I'm going to keep formula milk fresh when we are out and about in the parks for 7/8 hours.

From what I gather, the US have different guideline from the UK and you can add powder to 'nursery water' without heating it....is this correct?

Or would I just be better off buying ready made milk and packing in the suitcase. Tho I don't fancy the expense of.using ready made cartons for a fortnight.

Mogz Fri 21-Feb-14 14:59:01

I think you'd be better off investing in a good thermos flask and carrying hot boiled water with you so you know you're making fresh feeds up. Have a wonderful time.

girlywhirly Fri 21-Feb-14 15:00:48

Could you just ask for some boiling water from one of the food outlets/restaurants just before a feed is due and add the powdered formula to it? It would need a little while to cool to drinkable temperature anyway. You could take some formula powder containers with the required no. of scoops in. Or what about taking a thermos of boiling water with you each day to add to the bottles and powder? You can get stainless steel lined tough thermoses which are unbreakable.

WeeClype Fri 21-Feb-14 16:16:28

Thank you !! I never even gave taking a flask a thought and I've been thinking about this for weeks lol

dinodino27 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:40:40

Buy the pre packed cartons.

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Feb-14 19:43:28

If you'll have access to a freezer/ ice box, this is just what you need fridge to go.

LittleBearPad Sat 22-Feb-14 19:43:28

Take cartons for the day times when you'll be out and about. Much much easier. Take powder for mornings, nights and evenings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now