Talk

Advanced search

AI recommendations in the mediteranean

(3 Posts)
Bertiebutterfly Tue 18-Feb-14 10:23:13

Hi we're looking for a week in the med during school holidays. We've 2 DD's (5 & 2) and think AI would be the easiest option as it's not much of a holiday for me if I have to think about making meals and what fussy DD1 might actually eat!!!

Last year we went to Sensatori in Crete, which was lovely but now we are restricted to school holidays and have to pay for DD2 it is just too expensive.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for AI in the med, which caters for young children, without being too expensive? Something similar to Sensatori but without the price tag smile

diabolo Tue 18-Feb-14 11:12:29

My BIL and SIL and their 4 and 2 year old loved this place. It had great kids facilities, big rooms and according to them, excellent food. We visited them there one afternoon, and although I loathe hotels, it certainly seemed nice and quite upmarket.

https://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/menorca/punta-prima/hotels/insotel-punta-prima-resort.html

AI is not good for resorts and many local bars and restaurants are really suffering as most AI money goes straight into the tour operators pockets.

We S/C every year and I have never once made a meal. We rent a villa and DH will BBQ every second or third evening, not real cooking iyswim. (I throw together some bread and salad). Meals out can be be very good value if you have menu of the day, or a pizza instead of a full flown 3 course meal every night. Plus there's much more chance of a fussy eater finding something they like.

Hersetta Tue 18-Feb-14 16:12:45

The first choice holiday villages - caters more to younger children than the sensatori's. Still reasonably expensive but not quite as much as the Sensetori's. They have hv's in Greece (rhodes and kos), cyprus, Turkey, Egypt, Majorca, Menora, Lanzarote, Tenerife, Ibiza, Tunisia and costa del sol so plenty to choose from. My DD (6) loves them so we have been going to various ones for the last 4 years, DS (2) will be on his 3rd visit to a HV this May. They are brilliant when you have smalls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now