Talk

Advanced search

Need new carry on cases for the DC's. Anyone got the cabin max lyon?

(6 Posts)
OhTheDrama Mon 17-Feb-14 11:58:59

I need new carry on cases for my 2 DC's. I was thinking of getting the cabin max lyon. Just wondering if anyone had travelled with these? There are some mixed reviews stating that they are bigger than the given measurements.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 17-Feb-14 15:50:14

What airline are you going to be flying with?. That will have some bearing on whether this case is worth it or not. This one is on the maximum size limits for the likes of Ryanair.

OhTheDrama Tue 18-Feb-14 09:14:51

Mainly easyjet.

OhTheDrama Wed 19-Feb-14 23:12:46

In case anyone is also looking, I got this and this from tesco. They fit the new smaller Easyjet "guaranteed for cabin" size.

revealall Thu 20-Feb-14 13:13:42

I think you'll easily get away with Easyjet. The worse that will happen is that they get put in the hold (for free).
They look quite soft though. This means over/badly packed bags will bulge. Makes it hard to put under seat and potentially might not fit bag check. Not a problem if you don't over stuff them!

Hersetta Thu 20-Feb-14 16:29:04

I have one of those - in purple too. I've flown loads with it on ryanair with no issues.

It does hold a lot so if they are not going to stuff it full, then my daughter has one of these www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Childrens-luggage-suitcase/dp/B00A0NQ23Q/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1392913588&sr=8-13&keywords=cabin+max

which she loves , but she is 6 - probably not suitable if your DC's are older. Holds loads too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now