Talk

Advanced search

Easter ideas

(6 Posts)
dinodino27 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:00:25

Hi
I would like to go on holiday at Easter. I have a max budget of £2000 for 2 adults and 2 kids (age 5).

I want to go to Cyprus or Egypt (for sun) but dh thinks Cyprus is too near Syria and Egypt is too volatile. I think he is being a bit dramatic in this opinion - but he is adamant.

We are well traveled before and after kids and have taken the kids to Thailand, Morocco, South Africa and various European destinations.

Due to commitments at home we can now only go away for a max of one week - so for the moment long haul is difficult.

We have been to Portugal last year and also plan to go in August this year so want somewhere different to there.

Anyone suggest locations and accom that would suit us.

Thanks

Bunbaker Sat 15-Feb-14 20:29:17

I went to Morrocco one Easter. I don't know what the temperatures are like on the coast, but in Marrakesh it was warm enough to swim during the day.

dinodino27 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:37:01

Thanks so much for your replay - we have been to Marrakesh at Easter a couple of years ago and it was lovely- weather and everything. We would go again but id prefer to experience somewhere new.

Bunbaker Sat 15-Feb-14 20:38:04

The Canaries? Malta? Sicily?

dinodino27 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:55:37

Toyed with Canaries - been to Lanzarote once and really did not like the and cloudy weather and the English breakfast type set up.

Still considering Tenerife - if anyone can suggest good accommodation - i am not really into the mega corporate hotel thing.

I loked at siciy and quiet fancy it. Flight to Trapani are reasonable but i can find anywhere nice to stay in that area. Fight to other part of the island in school holidays are just too expensive.

I am going to look into Malta now - thanks for all ur advice xxxx

Bunbaker Sat 15-Feb-14 22:53:58

I know what you mean about the English breakfast type set up in Lanzarote, but I really like the island as there are so many interesting places to visit.

I have just thought of Madeira. We went there one April, and while it wasn't red hot, it was warm enough to swim on a couple of days. It was shorts and T-shirt weather most of the time. They also have this wonderful flower festival at the end of April and we were lucky enough to be there when it was on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now