Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda with a 1yr old

(4 Posts)
Emmaybe Fri 14-Feb-14 08:57:19

Hello,

We are looking to go to Lake Garda in the 2nd week of September. We would ideally like an apartment and a pool. Walking distance to a village and the lake. We are keen to have pool time and hire bikes as well as an explore. We are possibly going with another couple and baby so maybe a apartment complex.
We would like a child friendly place but not particularly full of kids clubs. We don't know much but am inclined to say the south of the lake?
We want a nice place but on a fairly tight budget.
Any help or tips would be very very welcome!

Emma

3catsandcounting Fri 14-Feb-14 10:38:43

Emma, we're off to Lake Garda in August (first time) but with teens. We're staying south as recommended by others. Have you looked at the Lake Garda Forum on Tripadvisor - there's some great advice on there too!

Bunbaker Sat 15-Feb-14 18:48:29

The first time we stayed there we were in the town of Garda. It is flat there and there is a cycle path that runs from Garda to Bardolino then on to Cisano, Lazise and even all the way to Peschiera. So any of the towns tround there would be fine as you would be away from the traffic.

Another advantage of staying south is that the transfer time from Verona airport is only an hour.

Lake Garda is one of my favourite holiday destinations.

LondonLancashireRose Thu 27-Feb-14 17:43:51

Bumping this as looking to go in June and have requirements just like yours Emmaybe!

DS will be 15 months so ideally I'd like to stay somewhere self catering where it'll be easy for DH or I to pop out and pick up food for us both in the evening which we can eat looking at a nice view! Also somewhere that is relatively buggy friendly would be great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now