Talk

Advanced search

Babies on travel

(5 Posts)
hennalyn Thu 13-Feb-14 12:57:04

Is it advisable to bring babies during trips and vacation? We believe that the whole family should be together during special occasions and holidays so some bring even the youngest members of their. What is your opinion about bringing baby on travel?

noramum Thu 13-Feb-14 17:38:57

Is this a serious question? If I couldn't take my child than I couldn't have gone on holidays for years.

We took DD the first time she was 9 months, previously we traveled by plane to visit family, including going to a 70th birthday party.

We obviously don't take her to a adult-only resort or on a cultural trip across Ancient Greece. But a normal family holiday - I can't see any reason.

specialsubject Thu 13-Feb-14 18:22:39

if you are writing an article, I think you need rather more help than this!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 14-Feb-14 11:20:38

I have taken my babies with me since they were tiny. My oldest first went abroad at 8 weeks. Everyone I know takes their babies away.

sparrowcottage Sat 15-Feb-14 17:54:07

took all my babies everywhere, cornwall camping at 3 weeks, sailing off long island at 8 weeks, california for a month before maternity leave ended at 16 weeks.. thailand and a tonne of other places. the sooner you do it, the sooner it becomes normal. not taking them is not normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now