Talk

Advanced search

Hotels in Geneva with children

(7 Posts)
ilovevenice Wed 12-Feb-14 20:44:55

We have to stay a night in Geneva on our way home from skiing, with our two DSs aged 7 and 5. Any recommendations for a nice hotel, not miles from the airport, where we can all share a room (or even better, have adjoining rooms)?

heather1 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:49:12

At the airport in baggage reclaim there is a machine where you can get a free one hour ticket into a Geneva city. Taxis will be very expensive.
I can't help with hotels I'm afraid. I would think lastminute.ch or expedia would be helpful for that.

Artandco Wed 12-Feb-14 20:50:02

We always stay at the intercontinental geneva. Rooms of various sizes depending on what option you choose.

Artandco Wed 12-Feb-14 20:56:11

Easiest way is to get whatever your hotel is to sort transfer to and from airport also. They will then know exact timings/ routes etc etc

stikmatix Fri 14-Feb-14 11:49:56

What's your budget? Family rooms for 4 are not easy to find and Geneva is terribly expensive. Do you want to be near the airport or downtown?

ilovevenice Sat 15-Feb-14 16:03:22

Sorry - has been a hectic few days! We realise it probably won't be cheap. Budget probably could go up to £175 for the night if that doesn't sound too ridiculous? Don't have to be right next door to airport (Geneva's quite small isn't it?). Ideally within 30 mins or so? Intercontinental looks lovely. smile

stikmatix Sat 15-Feb-14 21:25:23

ilovevenice - suggest you go on booking.com or similar for the night you're wanting and post the names if the hotels that interest you. I lived in Geneva and used to organise the admin for meetings with participants coming from all over the world, so have done a fair amount of Geneva hotel bookings. Things may have changed a bit, but generally Geneva hotels are expensive and you don't get much for your money sadly... That was why they lost the big telecoms conference to Hong King a few years back..,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now