Talk

Advanced search

Static caravan seller doesnt want it to go through PD

(20 Posts)
TheAvengers Tue 11-Feb-14 18:59:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

holidaysarenice Tue 11-Feb-14 19:07:41

You'll have paid money for something you don't own. Its a con.

They can take your money and you'll never get to use it.

Even if you did use it they can't go to the kids club.

PotteringAlong Tue 11-Feb-14 19:16:33

Don't do it.

It's a massive swizzle.

purple15 Tue 11-Feb-14 19:55:33

It will be right what they are saying. If it goes through the site, they will get thousands for doing nothing.
My parents had a 40k static and sold within a year. The greedy site owners wanted a massive cut.
I strongly advice you to google the pitfalls of owning a static, and please do not do it.

TheAvengers Tue 11-Feb-14 20:10:51

TheAvengers Tue 11-Feb-14 20:13:03

youbethemummylion Tue 11-Feb-14 20:19:08

So thats 16k for 3yrs use of a caravan. Gas and elec general upkeep on top. Sounds expensive to me especially as you wont legally own it.

expatinscotland Tue 11-Feb-14 20:30:05

That sounds like a con to me. I would give this one a swerve.

TheAvengers Tue 11-Feb-14 20:38:52

expatinscotland Tue 11-Feb-14 20:44:29

Yes, but when you hire a caravan, you have rights. This gives you none of that. You are hiring their van but paying them over the odds for this.

They own the other van and are probably conning another sucker to pay their site fees, upkeep and bills for a few weeks holiday.

What a scam!

Take the 16K and buy a good, used motorhome or touring caravan. Join the caravanning club and holiday cheaply that way. Then at least you own the thing!

Bloodyteenagers Tue 11-Feb-14 20:46:07

Have you looked at buying direct from one of the companies - dp, haven, hoeseasons etc. 4k a year will buy you something that you own outright.

No bloody way would I give money to someone and not actually own it. The owners could be pulling this scam left, right and centre.

youbethemummylion Tue 11-Feb-14 20:46:09

I suppose if you put it that way I see where you are coming from but I would still tread carefully regarding the way they want to carry out the deal. I don't think it leaves you with a lot of rights tbh.

Coconutty Tue 11-Feb-14 20:49:02

ivykaty44 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:49:54

If park dean is being sold to you by thus seller as such a rip off then why buy into it?

Its a weird way to try and sell something, no wonder they want to sell and run for the hills

holidaysarenice Tue 11-Feb-14 21:06:57

Most parks allow visitors eg family, but NOT if money has been paid to access site facilities.

Usually for a week. Kids clubs may or may not be included. They certainly won't allow it for all summer.

purple15 Tue 11-Feb-14 21:45:11

Also what about the water tv license gas electric andthey are frrezing nearly all year �60 gas bottles only purchased through the site.

purple15 Tue 11-Feb-14 21:45:54

Also what about the water tv license gas electric andthey are frrezing nearly all year �60 gas bottles only purchased through the site.

mummymeister Tue 11-Feb-14 21:51:51

this is a scam. please please don't do it. would you pay 16K for a car that wasn't in your name in the log book? no. what about if there is a fire and the van is damaged. what about if the owner then tries to charge you rent. what happens when haven get wind of this. they will because other people who have paid their hefty fees will start seeing you there all the time and drop you in it. they will also have kids club records. they know some people try to do this and are alert to it. they could just throw you off. no caravan, no recourse, no legal rights. this is the biggest lose/lose scam I have ever read about on MN. please say you wont do it.

TheAvengers Tue 11-Feb-14 22:25:28

PotteringAlong Wed 12-Feb-14 18:03:25

I don't think you could insure it. And what if you wanted to sell it? The 'old owners' would have to do it for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now