Talk

Advanced search

planning holiday to Orlando - don't know where to start

(10 Posts)
hildaogden99 Tue 04-Feb-14 21:55:33

We want to go for 2 weeks. Wondering whether to spend the entire time in Orlando or if to split with a beach resort?? Looking for recommendations for places to stay. Guess somewhere with decent pool/facilities in case we want to take time away from the theme parks. We will have a car.

Thanks!

ihatethecold Wed 05-Feb-14 11:52:08

Deffo go to the coast if you can, it's really lovely.
We have stayed on the gulf coast twice now.
There is wildlife everywhere, great beaches.
Really laid back and a nice way to end your holiday.
We found it cheaper to fly to and from Tampa.

bonvivant Thu 06-Feb-14 20:53:22

Lake Buena vista area is great, recommend the Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa. Up to you if you want to combine with beach - but there is plenty enough in Orlando to keep you fully occupied for two weeks.

If it were me, I'd stay in Orlando but take it a bit easier - break up the parks with time at the pool etc.

awaynboilyurheid Thu 13-Feb-14 20:17:40

It depends on age of your children and whether its your first time in Orlando. There is so much to see and do if you have never been to parks before plus they are so big and tiring especially in the heat of summer that you need a day or two in betwee them to chill, I know people that had a week at parks and then went to coast and wished they stayed in in Orlando but that was with older children. We have been several times when children were younger the water parks were great when older they want to shop, chill out in between parks so it depends , you will love it either way.Last time stayed in Hilton Grand Vacations at Sea world big kitchen sitting room and washer dryer plus lovely pool areas would recommend it .

mrsnec Thu 13-Feb-14 20:24:20

I would go for the options above. We did a villa in kissimee.it was beautiful inside but I hated the gated community thing. Nowhere to walk in the evenings and felt like we were always in the car.I too loved the coast around Tampa. I thought clearwater was lovely.

Cocodale Thu 13-Feb-14 20:54:25

We went for the second time last year, the first time we did 2 weeks near Kissimmee exhausting but good fun.

Last Summer we did a week in the villa near Disney etc then travelled down to Anna Maria Island South of Tampa. It was the best holiday ever the coast is just stunning and we flew back from Tampa airport which was so easy. Perfect for all ages our group ranged from 6 to 65!

MOSagain Fri 21-Feb-14 14:54:54

For luxury villas within 4 miles of Disney look at loyalty homes www.loyaltyusa.com

givemeaclue Fri 21-Feb-14 18:07:49

Cocodale who did you book Anna Maria with, its not in virgin brochure, sounds lovely, where did you stay can you link

erictheelf Mon 24-Feb-14 12:22:16

Def stay as close to parks as possible. We are on the 27 highway near Davenport and it's such a long drive back each day and can take 30 mins or longer dep on traffic. Try www.thedibb.co.uk forum & trip advisor too for masses of info. That's what I used inc Mumsnet. Off to Anna Maria tomorrow. Weather iffy but looking forward to beach with dh & dd 9yrs Yay!

MOSagain Mon 24-Feb-14 18:34:59

Highway 27 is quite a long way out. Loyalty homes are all within 4 miles of Disney which makes a huge difference if going back to the villa then back to the parks again in the evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now