Talk

Advanced search

Back to Berlin now with a LO

(4 Posts)
Icklemariposa01 Thu 23-Jan-14 16:01:22

Hello All,

Back I'm the day when Berlin was just beginning to get its now awesome reputation of being a cool city break myself and a bunch of mates when and raved our little tootsies off and took part May Day parties etc.

Now I am married with a nearly one year old and my 40th coming up soon. I would like to go again but this time take husband and LO. Husband days that he's not sure because he wasn't to go there to party, but I think it would be nice to go to Berlin rather than Paris or Rome with a child as it's alt and different and cool basically and seems child friendly!

Was thinking of late May. It was 2007 when I last went and I can remember most of it, places and things to do.

And I have read up on lots of posts here on Berlin. All very handy!

Just wondering if anyone could recommend any apartment hotels or any websites that are good for apartments?

Thank you!

Icklemariposa01 Thu 23-Jan-14 16:05:46

cor...so many typos..created this message on my iphone.....hopefully you all get the jist....sorry!

Changebagsandgladrags Sat 25-Jan-14 23:26:45

I went there for my 40th, although my youngest was 3. It really is child friendly. I stayed in a hotel though, sorry...

Janek Sat 22-Feb-14 16:01:55

We booked an apartment by guenzelstrasse u-bahn last summer through booking.com. It was a pretty good price, although i can't remember how much now. It was handy to have a (small) kitchen for self-catering (and a dishwasher) and a living room and balcony for the venings when the dds were in bed.

We have previously stayed at the a and o hostel in friedrichshain, which was pretty cheap when we went in february, but prohibitively expensive when we went last summer. We preferred friedrichshain as an area though and would try and stay there again in the future.

I had an ipad app with a map/route planner for public transport and i noticed recently that it also mentions which u-bahn stations have lifts, which could be useful if you're taking a pushchair, although as long as there's two of you, you can carry pushchairs up and down stairs anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now