Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend how to make my toddlers sleep on floor…travel bed?

(10 Posts)
bumbleandbumble Wed 22-Jan-14 21:05:11

we are going to italy to visit friends. they have a small studio flat for us to stay in with one large double bed.
we are bringing a 3 year old and a 2 year old for two or three nights.

air mattress? sleeping bags? but it is a hard floor. any suggestions?
what can I get?

ilovepowerhoop Wed 22-Jan-14 21:06:30

ready bed?

TheDayOfMyDoctor Wed 22-Jan-14 21:09:41

2nd the ready bed suggestion.

PortofinoRevisited Wed 22-Jan-14 21:09:50

Yes - dd had a Ready Bed - dirt cheap in Argos and elsewhere and you are bound to find one in a theme ie Spiderman that could make them seem an exciting alternative to their own bed

frenchfancy Thu 23-Jan-14 06:51:17

Ready beds are rubbish and bulky and the sleeping bags are not good quality. Far better off getting a self inflating sleeping mat and a separate sleeping bag. Take a look at decathalon. May well be cheaper too.

LoopyLobster Thu 23-Jan-14 06:58:09

My 2 and 4 year olds are currently napping either side of me in readybeds in our friend's house in Australia. We have used them all over for 5 weeks now and they are amazing.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 23-Jan-14 11:51:21

If it was me I would just have them in with us. Ours always used to share our bed on holiday (they still do sometimes), they slept much better that way.

Janek Sat 22-Feb-14 16:10:49

Another vote for self-inflating mattresses and sleeping bags. Sleeping on the floor is exciting enough, no need for superman!

Bunbaker Sat 22-Feb-14 16:32:53

"If it was me I would just have them in with us. Ours always used to share our bed on holiday (they still do sometimes), they slept much better that way."

But will the parents? DD was such a wriggler when she was tiny that having her in bed with us meant that OH and I would have got no sleep at all.

And if it is summer it will be far too hot to have four people in one bed.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 22-Feb-14 20:20:32

We all sleep fine. We have them in the bed with us a lot at home anyway so we're used to it. We also make sure we have air conditioning so it isn't too hot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now