Talk

Advanced search

Sun Hat Villas in Carvoeiro

(16 Posts)
Vixxxen Thu 16-Jan-14 21:46:05

Anyone can say anything about this location?
Looking to go in August I think.
MIL's suggestion.

Vixxxen Thu 16-Jan-14 22:41:08

Bumping as there is another thread going on.

TinyTear Fri 17-Jan-14 13:22:37

I would think August in Portugal is a bit too hot and crowded...

but then again, don't really know Carvoeiro as i used to go to the Eastern Algarve (Olhao and Tavira) due to family reasons...

Vixxxen Fri 17-Jan-14 13:24:13

Thanks tinytear.

WildThong Fri 17-Jan-14 13:31:20

Carvoeiro is nice, we stayed here which was a beautiful 2 bedroom townhouse but it wasn't walkable to the village centre or beach. Really needed the car. I think there is a lot of accommodation like that here, although I dont know the one you are going to so bear that in mind if you want to be in easy reach of the restaurants and beach.

Vixxxen Fri 17-Jan-14 13:32:58

We will stay for less than 2 weeks so as close as possible to the beach and town is a must.
If there is something very interesting to go and see than we might rent a car for a day, but we just ant to relax and walk about.

WildThong Fri 17-Jan-14 13:37:24

If you are set on Portugal, have a look at Praia da Luz, that's where we went in October, easily walkable from one end to the other, beautiful huge beach and some lovely restaurants and cafes.

LaCerbiatta Fri 17-Jan-14 13:38:13

Never been there but looks lovely from the website. Would make sure it is walking distance to the beach as getting in the car and trying to park in a crowded car park is a pain, specially when it's 40c!

There are loads of family parks in the Albufeira area if that's your type of thing. Good for day trips. They're not really my thing but Zoomarine is definitely worth a visit

Vixxxen Fri 17-Jan-14 13:41:21

Praia da Luz is located in Albufeira, right?

TinyTear Fri 17-Jan-14 13:41:44

Never went to Zoomarine, maybe next time I am there in the summer with my DD, so probably only 2015...

I used to pop to this one

www.aqualand.pt/atraccoes/

LaCerbiatta Fri 17-Jan-14 13:47:44

No, praia da Luz is further west. I think carvoeiro is between albufeira and praia da luz.

My dd petted a dolphin and had a picture taken in Zoomarine for 25 euros! For 100 you can go swimming with them. I think it's a bargain! Something you never forget.

WildThong Fri 17-Jan-14 13:50:41

I wouldn't recommend Albufeira btw (unless you are looking for an 18 - 30 type place) The old town is lovely but it's let down by the surrounding areas.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 17-Jan-14 13:51:39

I live in Carvoeiro, so just ask for any info!

BranchingOut Mon 03-Mar-14 15:48:11

Hello Costa
Can you recommend any self-catering places in a really good position, easy walk to the beach?
Thanks.

3catsandcounting Mon 03-Mar-14 16:43:33

We stayed in a lovely apartment in Carvoeiro a couple of years ago; 5-10 mins walk to the beach (but 15 mins back as its quite hilly!) It's a lovely resort with loads of bars and restaurants and entertainment on the beach most evenings in the summer. Very family-friendly and safe.
We didn't bother with a car (and didn't miss it) though there's at least one hire car place in town. We took the little 'land-train' up to another village one day and there was a coach taking people to the Waterpark from the bus stop at the beach.

emark Mon 03-Mar-14 17:19:44

hi, is aqualand only open June July and august??

looking for activities for children aged 4-10 end may beg. June??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now