Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Eurostar query

(6 Posts)
Follyfoot Sun 05-Jan-14 12:35:01

Can anyone help with a query about Eurostar tickets please? DD and a friend are going to Paris in March. The tickets were paid for on my credit card. Her confirmation says that the credit card and the card holder must be present to collect the tickets. Whilst its not a problem to give her the card, I cant be there to collect the tickets.

Is it just a machine that she needs to put the card into - like a train station - or do they have to be collected at a desk, with proof of ID of the card holder?

Thanks in advance smile

stikmatix Sun 05-Jan-14 19:18:36

We've always had print at home Eurostar tickets (use Eurostar frequently), and always book on the Eurostar website. Was print at home not an option? On which website was the booking made?

dreamingbohemian Sun 05-Jan-14 22:41:18

Is this at King's Cross? I've printed out tickets a couple times before, just using the automated machines, you just need to insert the card. But I don't recall a message that the card holder had to be there so I'm also wondering if you used the regular eurostar website.

Follyfoot Mon 06-Jan-14 22:08:16

Thanks for responses - it was booked through Eurostar but apparently because we booked a hotel at the same time, you cant print at home, but have to do it at St Pancras. Didnt see the message until after we had booked unfortunately.

stikmatix Tue 07-Jan-14 06:43:09

According to the bit on the Eurostar website, they are suggesting that only the card which was used for booking is needed to collect tickets from the self-service machines, so she should be ok. However it leaves you without your card and her with it in Paris....

Janek Sat 22-Feb-14 16:37:09

Could you ring eurostar and ask them to change the tickets to print-at-home? If you don't ask, you don't get!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now