Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done a Sun £9.50 offer holiday abroad and if so can you share your experience pls ?

(5 Posts)
Fakeblondie Thu 02-Jan-14 23:04:27

Wed like to go back to the South of France and I've noticed the Sun are doing their 9.50 offer again next week and will include some European destinations .
Just wondered if we would actually save much and could we go for a week ?
TIA x

ALittleBitOfChristmasMagic Thu 02-Jan-14 23:10:03

Dh and I were thinking of doing the same thing this year . Would also love some advice . Have they said where the European destinations are going to be ?

Newsofaarrived Thu 02-Jan-14 23:13:52

We did one a few years ago to Duinrell in Holland.

It costs more than £9.50 per night for the European destinations, plus you're only really likely to get it out of season. Ds hadn't started school at that point so not an issue for us.

It was an old static caravan which was basic but clean. However the beds had truly awful bedding, lumpy mattresses, duvets and sheets that all had waterproof slippery liners - very disconcerting!

We had stayed on Texel island and with friends the previous week and this was a definite let down compared to the mobile home on Texel.

But it was cheap, just between Den Haag and Amsterdam with an onsite theme park which was included in the price.

We wouldn't go again, but it was ideal at the time.

WhatAPallava Thu 02-Jan-14 23:18:49

Yes 2010 we went to Tuscany in Italy

We paid £15 per person and it was for a week. We went in the May half term (last week of May). Or possible the week straight after can't remember.

Booked flights with Ryanair if memory serves me correctly it was no more than £50-£60 each return so price wise worked really well.

The campsite we stayed on was brilliant. Very clean and modern.

This is the site
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g676810-d255261-Reviews-Norcenni_Girasole_Club-Figline_Valdarno_Tuscany.html
Would definitely go back

kathy2480 Fri 08-Jan-16 08:36:21

I'm trying to afford a holiday for me and my 13 year old son
maybe water park/ theme park anyone recommd anywhere and not major expensive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now