Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Walking in Germany

(3 Posts)
5Foot5 Sun 07-Jul-13 12:38:35

In about three weeks we will be going on a walking holiday in Germany. The company who organised it have sent route descriptions and some maps which look like they may have been photocopied and enlarged from a walking book. Now this might be fine but DH and I are cartophiles and always like to have good maps for wherever we go. Ideally we would like to find the German equivalent of the good OS Landranger maps.

We looked online but we didn't seem to find anything like that, at least not for the whole route.

Anyone on here know if what we want exists and where we might find it?

Lilymaid Sun 07-Jul-13 13:03:43

Have a look at the Stanford's website - or better still visit the shop if you are anywhere near London. They will have all the maps for the tourist areas of Germany.

noramum Sun 07-Jul-13 13:36:50

A short check in German gave me Kompass as a map brand.

www.stanfords.co.uk/Home/Product-Detail/AustriaGermanySlovenia-Kompass-Hiking-Maps_SI00000424.htm

I never used them, not the biggest fan of hiking but I used Stanfords a couple of times and found them knowledgeable and carrying a good stock. I would check with them and give them your requirements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now