Talk

Advanced search

Windjammer Landing St Lucia

(10 Posts)
robbie Tue 29-Jan-02 14:08:48

My parents, bless em, are toying with the idea of buying a time share in Windjammer Landing. Can anyone tell me anything about it that might encourage them to sign on the dotted line. Obviously I'm extremely keen to encourage them in this venture!!!!!!!!!

MandyD Tue 29-Jan-02 17:20:07

What part of the island is the resort in? If its in the North, near Rodney Bay, I saw this being built about 10 years ago. There was one problem - mosquitoes!!!! We met some British ex-pat who lived next door to the development and they were plagued - it was due to standing fresh water. Maybe things have been improved now. Where we were staying next to the beach at Rodney Bay mozzies were no problem at all. St Lucia is lovely though, read the postings further down "Which Caribbean island/holiday".

LizP Tue 29-Jan-02 23:21:57

I've been on holiday to Windjammer and must say really liked it. Friendly staff, nice villas, pretty good choice of restaurants, nice beach etc. Seems to have a good kids club for 4 plus - all the children certainly looked to be enjoying themselves but were all about 8ish I think.
Drawbacks might be transfer time from main airport (but you can helicopter I think!), it is very hilly and the smaller villas are down loads of steps (or can be) and I think all the bigger villas have plunge pools - not so good with toddlers. I don't remember mosquitoes being a really major problem - nets on the beds and those plug in things seemed to do the trick at night. Certainly not as bad as some places we have stayed. We would certainly go back.

ScummyMummy Wed 30-Jan-02 01:03:26

It sounds worth it just for the name! I've always liked the word "windjammer"

robbie Fri 01-Feb-02 13:09:27

They've done it - we're going in 3 weeks time! Am very excited, though a bit anxious about the long flight and two 3 year olds. Has anyone tried the helicopter transfer from the airport - thinking of doing it one way, as will be very late by the time we arrive and car transfer is 90 minutes?

Joe1 Fri 01-Feb-02 13:32:39

Robbie, go by helicopter, the roads and driving are awful and frightened me to death when I went there.

pamina Fri 01-Feb-02 13:51:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Buster Wed 06-Mar-02 22:25:25

Hi! We just got back from St Lucia and were in a villa close to Windjammers. We went there lots with our 3 ages 2 5 and 6. Didnt see inside the villas but the resort is really nice. We did the car transfer with our 3 and it was long but fine.We live in poland and the roads are similar but the driving a lot safer in st Lucia. No mossie troubles. Have a great stay there..the nannies looked a BIG advantage. As for the flight, if you go BA there are TV screens in the planes on the seat backs with family films which kept our lot amused. Make sure you order kids meals. But no kids packs.

Buster Wed 06-Mar-02 22:25:27

Hi! We just got back from St Lucia and were in a villa close to Windjammers. We went there lots with our 3 ages 2 5 and 6. Didnt see inside the villas but the resort is really nice. We did the car transfer with our 3 and it was long but fine.We live in poland and the roads are similar but the driving a lot safer in st Lucia. No mossie troubles. Have a great stay there..the nannies looked a BIG advantage. As for the flight, if you go BA there are TV screens in the planes on the seat backs with family films which kept our lot amused. Make sure you order kids meals. But no kids packs.

Buster Wed 06-Mar-02 22:25:57

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: