Talk

Advanced search

Where is not too hot in July?

(12 Posts)
littlestar Thu 01-Jun-06 20:59:10

We want to go away in Europe in the first or second week of July with our 15mo ds. Before we had him we always went to Greece or Spain but they will be too hot. We like beaches and a bit of sightseeing and we don't mind whether we stay in a cottage, villa or hotel. Can anyone recommend any where nice?

JanH Thu 01-Jun-06 21:00:03

Sweden.

(Seriously!)

MrsMills Thu 01-Jun-06 21:00:50

Sweden
(deadly serious)

crazydazy Thu 01-Jun-06 21:01:45

Just been to Portugal and it was beautiful weather for the whole two weeks but was starting to get very hot when we were leaving so would imagine in July it could be quite hot.

Torquay is probably your best bet.

littlestar Thu 01-Jun-06 21:02:29

Really?! Is it not pretty pricey though for eating out etc? (I forgot to mention we are on a bit of a budget - e.g. mediterranean prices are fine but Scandinavian prices might be too much of a stretch!)

JanH Thu 01-Jun-06 21:02:34

eg Öland - we have been there and the beaches and sea are fab. There is sightseeing too, though limited.

JanH Thu 01-Jun-06 21:03:34

Oh, I don't know about eating out - not as bad as Norway AFAIK. We were self-catering anyway.

Mercy Thu 01-Jun-06 21:03:34

The UK?!

What about the Netherlands (Amsterdam/Zandvoort) or Copenhagen?

littlestar Thu 01-Jun-06 21:04:45

crazydazy - you're probably right but somehow I can't get as excited about a holiday in this country (too many unhappy childhood memories, maybe!)

JanH Thu 01-Jun-06 21:06:10

How about Ireland then? DH went for a weekend in May (with his mum and sister!!!) and was thrilled with the beaches on the west coast (Connemara I think)

littlestar Thu 01-Jun-06 21:08:23

Ireland's an interesting idea, I've always wanted to go. If anyone has been and can recommend anywhere to stay (or avoid) I'd love to hear about it.

JanH Thu 01-Jun-06 21:13:07

The Irish Guide (Galway)

It's a place to start anyway!

They got the Seacat from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire but there are lots of different routes - Direct Ferries .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: