Talk

Advanced search

disneyland paris - how to get a good deal

(6 Posts)
surprise Thu 01-Jun-06 15:09:08

does anyone know the best way to go about booking a trip to disneyland paris? we want to go for 2 or 3 days end of july (yes school summer hols we must be mad). just wondered if booking direct with disney is the cheapest or if there's some other was of getting a better deal. also any tips/help much appreciated. thanks.

tissy Thu 01-Jun-06 15:23:39

absolutely not cheapest to book direct with Disney, BUT you do get what you pay for. Disney Hotels are very near the park,and you usually get park entrance included in the price. Service in hotels is pretty good, and you get characters roaming around the restaurants at meal times (if that's what turns you on!).

I've read on here that park entrance tickets are cheaper if you get them from Disney stores in the Uk before you go.

Polgara2 Thu 01-Jun-06 15:44:26

Just returned from Disney Paris. I booked everything myself, hotel website, flights website etc - much cheaper than official packages imo. We were able to stay 2 extra nights and it still cost less. So depends on your priorities really. I would say spend as little as possible on getting there because its gonna cost you a fortune when you're there (and thats just eating!!). Had a fantastic time though. Shout if you want any details.

Skribble Thu 01-Jun-06 22:47:05

AS I stay in Scotland I found it was cheapest to book hotel direct with Disney (tried but couldn't get it cheaper elsewhere) and booked flights with Ryanair.

It depends where you live as to what packages will suit you, packages were no use to me as the suppliments were huge.

hullabaloo Thu 01-Jun-06 23:22:22

I've booked it all separately but like Skribble I'm in Scotland so huge supplements. We've booked flights through BA because we wanted to fly to CDG rather than Beauvais (my guys get travel sick on buses!) I booked the Pierres at Vacances apartments which have a free shuttle bus to Disney. Cheapest place I saw these was on HotelClub. Getting the tickets from the Disney Store before we go. it's by no means cheap and we could have two weeks somewhere nice for what we're paying for a week but it'll be worth it I think to have the freedom of the apartment with a separate bedroom and avoiding the travel sickness thing by getting the train direct from CDG to Disney. If you're down South you're bound to get a better deal. Leaving from Scotland is always expensive.

Skribble Thu 01-Jun-06 23:46:33

I have used Hotel Club before and it is easy to see and compare prices, pretty good prices too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: