Advanced search

Insurance for holiday home rental

(3 Posts)
Yonihadtoask Thu 20-Jun-13 22:03:26


I have contacted my travel insurance and it is the case that we have personal liability cover for renting a temp holiday accomodation. It is nothing odd apparently.

I have worked out the contract, I did the Google translate, but also Sat and with the help of a French dictionary worked through.

Good tip on asking for help from school. If only DS studied French instead of Spanish smile

mummymeister Thu 20-Jun-13 21:10:12

don't trust google translate try and get a good French speaker to do it for you. how old are your dc's if at senior school go and have a word with the language teachers if in junior see if you can find someone. I suspect it says that they provide the insurance as it would be impossible for you to do this as you have no control over the property. perhaps it means you need to have adequate travel insurance. too important to guess so think you need some help.

Yonihadtoask Thu 20-Jun-13 16:05:31

I am just (google) translating the contract for the home in France we are renting for a week this summer.

The contract states that the lessee provides insurance for fire, water damage etc?

I have never had to provide insurance before - and have rented quite a few holiday homes - but always from British owners.

Any advice on this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now