Talk

Advanced search

going on holiday with a social ex-ray help needed

(8 Posts)
thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Mon 29-May-06 20:03:32

I think i posted this last time we went on holiday with this family, but it's got worse. she must be a size 6. she's incredibly glam. and loaded. am also going with another totally gorgeous female - size 8-10, v tall, long blonde hair, but she wears jeans all the time and no make up etc - looks gorgeous but doesn;t care so I forgive her. me 5 foot, definitely a bit dumpy, thighs have started to wobble, and arms, (previously it was only tummy, just as I reconcile myself to that other bits start wobbling). I need to get myself trimmed up - in less than 5 weeks, help me god. or mn. give me some tips

moondog Mon 29-May-06 20:05:42

Why are you going with people who are obviously freaking you out??
Holidaying with another family-my idea of hell!

BettySpaghetti Mon 29-May-06 20:08:52

Do what you can exercise and diet wise but bear in mind you only have 5 weeks so results are limited!

Book an appt for a hair cut/ colour just before you go. How about a spray tan? I've never had one but when I have a bit of a real tan I always feel loads better and slimmer.

At the end of the day though don't worry about it. Everyone is different and everyone has bits they dislike -even these women.

Happy hols!

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Mon 29-May-06 20:20:51

moondog that is a very good question the tall jeans wearing one doesn't freak me out at all - she's lovely and lives a long way away do i rarely see her. not a bad idea about the spray tan and haircut - at least that'll make me feel a bit better

SenoraPostrophe Mon 29-May-06 20:21:33

cultivate an image as the clever one?

moondog Mon 29-May-06 20:22:22

And also,if you want to change something about yourself,do it for your life,not just for your holiday.

Sorry to be prissy voice of reason,but sometimes someone has to be.

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Mon 29-May-06 20:48:56

good one sp. I have a particular book that I do - genuinely - want to read - which will give the right impression - it's also about wars and stuff so the blokes will be impressed . have also been thinking that I need new glasses - don;t have to ear them all the time but for driving - and they definitely give a certain air. am liking this fake tan / clever book approach. I can do that!

thewomanwhothoughtshewasahat Mon 29-May-06 20:50:18

forgot to say md - the problem is I don't really want to change anything about myself. it would be quite nice to loose few pounds but its fairly low on my list of priorities. until I go on holiday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: