Talk

Advanced search

Paris in July - birthday suggestions

(6 Posts)
hullabaloo Mon 29-May-06 11:12:39

Ok we have at long last booked our summer holiday to Paris / Eurodisney. We're staying at Pierre et Vacnaces apartments and doing two days visiting the park and several days visiting Paris. Thing is it's my DH's birthday whle we are in Paris and I'm looking to arrange something special. Is there anywhere nice that is child friendly or anything special that would fit the bill. My DS is 6 so anything that we will ALL enjoy would be good!! Last year we were on holiday on his birthday I booked a river cruise followed by a nice dinner (pre theatre so DS wasn't too tired) but I don't know Paris very well so would welcome your suggestions for a great family day/ evening

hullabaloo Tue 30-May-06 20:32:13

bump! Surely someone has a suggestion?!

thirtysomething Tue 30-May-06 20:39:33

there are river cruises in Paris but a bit of a tourist rip-off! Cable car up to Montmartre and then nice meal - very romantic and ds may enjoy the ride? The Louvre is fun and has a fab cafe on site (Cafe Malmo) or you could wander through the jardin des Tuileries afterwards and have the best afternoon tea ever at Angelinas (opposite Louvre) afterwards. Or a lovely bus ride through the centre on either side of the river (public, normal buses would do the job - no need for open-top thingies) and then dinner on the Isle St Louis...a walk down the Champs Elysees, starting at metro Franklin D Roosevelt, up to the Arc de Triomphe, then bus journey (sorry, forgotten which no. bus!) across the Pont de l'Alma over to the Eiffel Tower, then dinner at a nice little brasserie around there or at Noura brasserie (best Lebanese food ever!) on Avenue Marceau...possibilities are endless, enjoy!

hullabaloo Tue 30-May-06 20:52:24

30something they all sound FAB!! I'm really excited but haven't been to Paris since I was 11! I just want his birthday to be special and not us wandering aimlessly trying to find something vaguely suitable! You've given me loads of places to start looking! thanks!

thirtysomething Tue 30-May-06 21:00:30

there is also a very fun cafe at start of Champs Elysees shopping bit (metro Franklin Roosevelt) called Hippopotamus Citroen - food very average (a bit like Angus steak houses in London) but it's quite whacky and has huge big old citroens in the middle!
Was thinking you could do lovely walk starting at Louvre, through Tuileries and Place de La Madeleien, all the way up Champs Elysees to Arc de Triomphe - Paris is all about the feel and the architecture and grandeur so just walking around is magical and cheap!! Thinking about it has made me want to go!

Coolmama Tue 30-May-06 21:29:12

try www.thisistravel.co.uk - once you get to the homepage, on the left, choose the "family holidays" topic - once that opens up, then go to the top right hand and chose the Archives for the last year - there is an article from around Sept last year that may help - othrwise just browse around the site - might be a little time- consuming, but can be really helpful - Happy travels.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: