Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone find me a family apartment in Paris - please?

(13 Posts)
spottybanana Sun 09-Jun-13 10:19:05

I am going round in circles trying to book a family holiday. It seems as if all of Paris is booked for the dates we need, unless we win the Lottery sad.

Can anyone help? Is there a website I'm missing (hopefully)?

The dates are 12-19 July 2013 (we can't budge on that).

I need an apartment for myself, partner, kids of 18,14, and 8. No sofa beds as we tried that last time and it didn't work. Two bathrooms ideally, double bed, three singles if possible.

Close to Metro (although most places are I guess), unfussy, spartan is fine as we won't be there much!

Last year, we stayed in the 3rd which was great, really easy to get everywhere. Managed to get a place there for 900euros just a few days before we arrived, but this year can't find anything.

I really would be grateful for any advice - thank you so much smile.

chibi Sun 09-Jun-13 10:25:47

have you already looked on vrbo?

chibi Sun 09-Jun-13 10:29:51

this looks nice is available on your dates, 3 bed, 2 bathrooms and €1200 a week, not much more than you paid

chibi Sun 09-Jun-13 10:30:59

eee it couldnot be more central either

do it!

spottybanana Sun 09-Jun-13 12:09:51

Thank you so much chibi - will go look at those now!

spottybanana Sun 09-Jun-13 12:14:39

Looks like someone's home rather than a holiday let - would be scared we would break things sad. Really just need a very basic, very clean apartment without lots of things in it. Haven't seen that site though so will have a look at it a bit more . . . .

chibi Sun 09-Jun-13 14:43:49

it may or may not be their home, but tbf if they are prepared to rent it out, they will have insurance and have come to terms with people staying there! I think it will be fine.

We found a Paris rental through this site a few years ago, it really is good, and there are lots of search options.

good luck, and bon vacance!

Longdistance Sun 09-Jun-13 14:52:41

I've always used homeaway.com for rentals in NY and Barcelona. I'm sure they'll probably have Paris rentals, but doubt it'll be cheap confused

spottybanana Sun 09-Jun-13 15:10:17

I have found three on that site chibi so thank you!

Longdistance - nearly three thousand euros on homeaway.com which is way out of our price league I'm afraid, would end up costing about six thousand for a week in Paris!

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 09-Jun-13 15:36:14

The website you are missing is this one.

needtoleaveukforsunshine Sun 09-Jun-13 16:44:34

have personal messaged you!

spottybanana Thu 13-Jun-13 13:24:58

Still stuck sad - all of the ones I got excited about are unavailable as the websites don't seem to be updated very often, so show availability when they are actually booked . . . .

spottybanana Thu 13-Jun-13 13:26:05

BlameIt - nothing comes up on that link, it's blank for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now