Talk

Advanced search

ROME

(5 Posts)
needabiggersize Fri 26-May-06 08:56:18

I am thinking of going to Rome for a week flyng into ciampino aiport. Has anyone been? Is the best way into Rome on the Terravision bus? Is Rome buggy friendly? I will be travelling alone with 18th month.

lapsedrunner Fri 26-May-06 10:18:04

Went with DS (3) last year. Can't comment on the airport transport as used the other airport.

To be honest it can be a bit of a nightmare in the old city centre where you have very narrow alleys with no pavements & mopeds and cars ziping up and down. You just need to have your wits about you. It will be bumpy in places for the buggy, alot of cobbles & potholes.

Sorry, trying to be practical, not negative!

needabiggersize Fri 26-May-06 13:15:05

Thank you- that is exactly the kind oc info I want to know before I arrive.

MrsMuddle Fri 26-May-06 14:11:48

Best way in is terravision bus. It only takes 30 mins or so. I agree with lapsedrunner about it not eing great for buggies. And public transport is really good, but very very squashed. Having said that, the people really love kids and he/she will be doted on when you're there. One other consideration - most cafes etc have only one tiny (and I mean tiny!) loo, so it mighty be quite tricky to find somewhere to change a nappy. Hope I haven't put you off - I didn't mean to. Go and have a great time.

needabiggersize Wed 31-May-06 13:03:58

Thanks MrsMuddle, think that is how we will get in. Just checked the forcast - nothing could put me off (well almost nothing!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: