Talk

Advanced search

Berlin with a two year old

(4 Posts)
TinyDiamond Tue 28-May-13 14:28:56

Looking to make a 3-4 night trip in early July. Can you tell me which airport is best to fly into (there's 2?) and then recommend some good areas to look at where we won't have problems travelling by subway and also any tips about places to visit with a toddler!

Thanks so much

By the way East mids or bham our preferred airports

TinyDiamond Wed 29-May-13 01:01:50

bump

PinkFondantFancy Wed 29-May-13 01:12:27

We went to Berlin last year with a one year old and flew to Schoenefeld airport - think this is the low cost carrier one. It was a nightmare with the pram so if I did it again I'd not bring a pram at all and just use a sling. We stayed near the Zoologicher (sp??) Garten and didn't need the underground for the 3 nights we were there - hop on hop off sightseeing bus v good.

gingerperil Fri 31-May-13 13:45:42

We.ve just come back from 4 night in Berlin with our 16 month old. Was a fabulous city. We also flew into Schoenberg with easy jet. Easy airport to navigate. Second the comment re pushchairs and the tube. Steps everywhere but was ok as had my partner to help. Impossible if on your own. Legoland and the zoo/ aquarium very good and cheap. Playgrounds just awesome - puts England to shame. Search out the best ones before you leave. Everywhere was really child friendly. Just wish our little one napped better so we could have gone to some museum etc. Will be going back once kids have grown up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now