Talk

Advanced search

Keeping sane on the train

(4 Posts)
RiotsNotDiets Sun 26-May-13 20:59:19

Taking DD(2) on a long train journey tomorrow, we'll be getting three trains and the journey will take around 4 hours in total.
It'll just be the two of us.

There will be two waits of around half an hour which I'm a bit stressed about, at least on the train you can let them out of the pushchair and entertain them but she'll have to be strapped in when we're on the stations.

Any tips for avoiding a bored/cranky toddler?

I'm taking my laptop so will fill one of the journeys with a DVD or something.
I'm also going to take snacks and drinks.
Will be taking a couple of books and her favourite cuddly toy but I don't want to be weighed down too much.
The last train is the longest and IIRC is a pretty, scenic route so hopefully I'll be able to distract her with sheep etc.
Mainly I'm worried about it being such a long time and the waits between the trains.

TIA

noramum Sun 26-May-13 21:04:52

Does she like any particular character? Maybe spoil her with a magazine, you can bin when you arrive.

There is not a lot you can do during the wait, depending on the station, take a trip around it, if it is not too crowded she can walk on your hand.

Strong nerves and order a drink when you arrive.

RiotsNotDiets Sun 26-May-13 21:10:00

I don't think my nerves could stand her not being strapped in the pushchair at stations. I don't trust her not to get excited and leap onto the tracks or something!

RiotsNotDiets Sun 26-May-13 21:10:23

Magazine's a good idea though, she's a big peppa pig fan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now