Talk

Advanced search

outgrown travel cot, what next?!

(5 Posts)
fireflyz Sat 25-May-13 13:19:27

I've read reviews on first ready beds, some positive, some not. Worried that if they are noisy my DS aged 2.5 won't sleep. Have seen nap mats and a cover on site called whole kaboodle, looks like they supply nurseries, but not sure if ok for a full night. Is there a danger child could wriggle down and suffocate under sheet? Would you put child in grobag under a sheet like this? What about getting a roll out mat from e.g. futon company and putting son to sleep in usual grobag on that? At home he sleeps in grobag in cot. He's not grown out of his wooden cot yet but travel cot's a bit shorter. this fuss for a few nights away at relatives but DS likes his sleep (as do we all smile Any tips much appreciated.

Cloverer Sat 25-May-13 13:21:47

My 2 year old sleeps on a child size air mattress with sheets and duvet, but he is used to being in a bed with sheets and duvet at home so doesn't need to be "contained".

girlywhirly Sat 25-May-13 16:59:50

You can get travel cots that are 120-130cms long, if you can find a second hand one, and if DS needs containing. Otherwise what about a travel safety gate across the bedroom door where you are staying, if a mattress or blow-up bed is the only option, and toddler-proof the room?

noramum Sat 25-May-13 17:28:02

Wie just Out DD in a normal Single bed. It IS wider than a cot and we just put some pillows on the floor, problem solved.

We tried twice a ready bed but both times DD couldn't get to sleep as she was restricted from the sleeping bag style and the noise it makes when turning. Both times she then ended in our bed and none of us got sleep. But I know a couple of children sleeping happily in them, maybe you could borrow one and try out.

Butterkistbutterkistrarara Sat 25-May-13 20:17:22

We just moved DC into a single bed with a bed rail on either side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now